• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a RAM-Limitation in LRC?? (Version 12.3)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hardware: Ryzen 9 5950x; 64GB RAM; AMD RX 6950 XT
I often shoot larger panoramas with my Nikon Z7II (48MPix). LRC can create the first pano from e.g. 15 images. The RAM requirement is huge - usually more than 40GB. Unfortunately, after the pano is created, the RAM is not emptied.
If I want to create another pano, I can edit it, but I can't merge it. Regularly at around 42GB of RAM, LRC stops working. The message appears that the pano cannot be stitched together.
If I restart LRC and create this last pano again, it works fine. However, I have to restart LRC before every Pano. Two questions about this:
1. I have 64GB of RAM available. How can I tell LRC that more than 42GB can be used?
2. Is there a setting that allows the required RAM to be released again after pano creation?
Thanks for an answer and best regards

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding more data points...

Windows OS?  Which version?

How big is the OS paging file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 11 Pro, newest Version and Updates

paging file 2GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And 2 of the fastest posible SSD at the time: 

2TB WD Black SN850X

2TB Kingston FURY Renegade

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I don't think it's about memory.

You are probably just hitting resolution limit, which is 65000 pixels for each side and 512MP at maximum.

https://helpx.adobe.com/ua/lightroom-classic/help/supported-file-formats.html 

Lightroom does not support the following types of files:

• Adobe Illustrator
  • Nikon scanner NEF
  • Files with dimensions greater than 65,000 pixels per side or larger than 512 megapixels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm sorry, I don't understand your answer. If I can reassemble a pano after restarting LRC, then I'm not exceeding any resolution limits - otherwise it wouldn't work at all.
Please read my questions again. It's not clear to me why 1. LRC doesn't free up RAM memory after a pano and 2. LRC can't use all RAM memory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines