• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to apply pictures and edits made in the Lightroom ipgone app to my classic catalog?

Contributor ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I manually import all of my iPhone photos into my computer and add them to my LR classic catalog. Prior to doing so, I sometimes manually import some photos into the Lightroom app on my iphone, and apply edits to them, and there they live. To date, my Lightroom app is not synced to the cloud, and I choose not to do so. And so, I wonder what the best way is to have my app edits applied to the instances of the files that now exist in my classic catalog. Thank you.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I send my edited files (mostly directly imported RAWs in Mobile) in Lightroom Mobile IOS to my computer quite a bit and don't want to mess with the cloud sync.  I just EXPORT the files as DNG from Lr Mobile to the Files on IOS and then AirDrop those to my Mac and import to Lr Classic.  I what to keep the RAWs and not use DNG in Classic so I do a few more steps to preserve my RAW files and edits but it is a fairly easy process.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you choose not to sync? Why make work for yourself?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why the OP isn't syncing but I only do this a few times a year with imported camera RAW files edited in Mobile so Export and Airdrop from LRM and Import to LRC is easier and less hassle.  I am not a fan of editing on LRM  but I do editing sometimes when I have a lot of time to kill on LRM in areas with no internet so when I get home I just do the Airdrop and it is extremely fast and hassle free.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this just bakes in the edit as a JPG. This is not what I am looking for. The entire point of Lightroom is that is non-destructive. I want the original DNG file, with the lightroom edits either embedded in the file or with an XMP sidecar. Or whatever other solution will get me into LR Classic on my computer, with the DNG file, with the non-destructive edits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I want the original DNG file, with the lightroom edits either embedded in the file or with an XMP sidecar. Or whatever other solution will get me into LR Classic on my computer, with the DNG file, with the non-destructive edits."

Sync DOES DO THIS for photos you have imported to Lightroom (all mobile devices and Lightroom-Desktop v5.1 on a Mac or PC).

All my iPhone DNG, HEIC, photos sync (through the Cloud) down to my Classic Catalog as DNGs/HEICs on the Hard-drive with the edits showing in the Catalog..

It is only photos imported to CLASSIC that sync proxy (smaller DNG) files UP to the Cloud.

Nothing in Sync will "bake in" the edits to a JPG.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You apparently are NOT using " Export As" in Lightroom Mobile.  The process is as follows.  This avoids Sync as you wish to do.

1 Flag photos as Picked to be exported
2 Go to Library in Mobile, hit ...    Then Segmentation    Then Flags
3 Hit Back Arrow <   Then Select   Then Check Box for Flag-Picked.  This selects all the Picked
4 Hit Share
5 Export As and chose DNG and then hit the Checkmark in upper right.
6 Chose "Save to Files" and pick a Folder ON the Iphone or Ipad
7 Go to the folder in Files and Airdrop the files to Mac
8 Import to LrC on Mac.

You dont have to do steps 1-3 if you just want to manually select them in the Library.  Then just use 4-8 after selecting in Mobile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this just bakes in the edit as a JPG. This is not what I am looking for. The entire point of Lightroom is that is non-destructive. I want the original DNG file, with the lightroom edits either embedded in the file or with an XMP sidecar. Or whatever other solution will get me into LR Classic on my computer, with the DNG file, with the non-destructive edits.

By @Jeena22389650a1ho

So just enable Sync in your catalogue. From then on the DNG will be automatically synced down into your catalogue with all the edits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines