• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to merge a Lightroom Desktop catalog with a Classic catalog?

Contributor ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here is my workflow:

i take pictures on my iphone. i import only some to the lightroom app. i edit the photos, then export them for sharing to various places. i leave the files in lightroom and move on with my life.

later on, i import all my pics/videos from camera roll to my computer, and add them to a classic catalog. i then delete them from my camera roll on my phone. so, the only pics i am left with on the phone are the ones that were previously imported and edited in lightroom, and then left to live there.

i have never used CC lightroom on macos. Insofar as I already have a classic catalog that i would like to keep working from, is it possible to somehow have the lightroom app edits applied to the instance of those picture fiels that now exist in my classic catalog on my computer?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you know German, watch my tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCNtGjWXXIk

If not, I will try to summerize how to do:

Lightroom Mobile saves the images to the Adobe cloud. From there it will be synced "everywhere" where you are logged in with your Adobe ID (Lightroom at your Smartphone, PC, browser). So if you are happy with that: fine!

If you want to have your photos on your Lightroom Classic and stored locally on your hard drive, you have to do the following: Log in with your Adobe ID. Set in the preferences (Lightroom Synchronisation Tab) where you want to store your files. Wait. After all files are synced and downloaded to your local hard drive via Lightroom Classic, you can move the images whereever you want within Lightroom Classic (or leave them where they are).

From there you can work with the images as normal with your Lightroom Classic workflow.

I just started my english Youtube channel, so check by for some learning content: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgInIEMoKnKPQpJtoanf2xw?sub_confirmation=1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you for your response. is there a way to do this locally, without sending my pictures to the cloud and back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines