• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to open 2 folders in library module, one on each monitor?

Participant ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to open 2 folders in library module, one on each monitor?

I have a folder with Colorchecker Passport shots that I want to copy and paste to photos in another folder.  The photos are 12 bracketed panoramas, so I need to display exactly 12 images in each row so I know which 12 to paste the color profile to.  I have one Colorchecker Passport shot per panorama, with a couple hundred panoramas.

I do not want to display both folders together into the same library module on the same display, otherwise, the images will be mixed ordered and I won't get exactly the correct set of 12 images split by rows.

I don't want to open each folder individually on one display and switch back and forth in the same library module, because each time I switch folders, I lose selection of the last photo in the folder and I lose my place and have difficulty finding where I left off.

I want each folder on a separate library module on its own separate display.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021
@sdinweoinasd9384152 wrote:

Now, I want to copy and paste these profiles and white balance adjustments from the colorchecker passport photos from one folder, to panorama shots in another folder.

OK, I think I slightly misunderstood what you are after, but first we need to straighten out some terminology which led to my misunderstanding.

I thought you were talking about copying and pasting profiles between Lightroom Classic and Bridge for the purpose of applying them. That is the part that i

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seriously doubt Adobe will change LrC to have TWO Library Modules open at one time.  There are plenty of tools and techniques in LrC and during the shoot to get the job done so you might as well figure one out.  

You could also post a suggestion here.  Adobe follows the Photoshop Family forum more closely.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/lightroom-classic/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40872 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i did consider getting a monopod with mini feet attached to the bottom to hold the colorchecker passport. But When you shoot panoramas, you would have to always move the monopod out of the view as you rotate the camera. One hand has the remote control, and you still need both hands to rotate, one hand to hold the tripod to prevent it from moving, and the other hand on the panohead. So it means always grabbing and letting go of the monopod with the colorchecker passport at every turn. It's easier to simply stick it in your pocket.

There is sometimes no good place to hide the monopod/feet out of view if you don't want to keep holding onto it, for example in a very large room. Sometimes in a very tight space, like a crawspace or in between rows of auditorium seats, it's not easy to move the monopod/feet. You have to lift it over the rows of chairs to hide it out of view of the camera.

Also sometimes there are people walking by in a very tight corridor. I always have to watch to make sure people don't kick the camera tripod and tip it over. It does happen sometimes.  And if I additionally had the monopod/feet with the colorchecker passport, I also have to keep watching it. If I put it around the corner of the hallway to hide it out of view, there is a risk of someone running away with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines