Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there an easier way?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an easier way?

Using Lr Classic, I have a problem downloading pictures from my SD card. Is this a good “work-around?”

Using Adobe BRIDGE, I download the images to a folder on my hard drive, then open Lr Classic and import the pictures into my catalog.  Is there an easier way?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, skip Bridge. Copy the images to the desired folder. In LrC, accomplish the import using the Add option.

or

Skip Bridge, open LrC, import the images using the Copy option.

hmm, I see I should have paid more arttention.

What is your problem in LrC Import from SD card?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I attempt to import from the SD card the "busy wheel" starts spinning then the system locks-up.  I was told it may be a problem with the SD card but it does the same with another card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably an issue with your card reader.

I vote for GoldingD's option 1: 
Copy the images to the desired folder. In LrC, accomplish the import using the Add option.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The two workflows outlined above are essentially equivalent, in one case Bridge is used and the other Explorer/Finder performs the same function. I use a third variation that I highly recommend; FastRawViewer gives me various tools for examining the Raw images while they are still on the card, such as a true Raw histogram and numerical overexposure and underexpose readouts, side by side file comparisons, focus peaking, easy image magnification, etc. What I copy to permanent storage and add to the LRC catalog is only what I really want to keep.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines