• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Brilliance slider?

Contributor ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only tool in iPhones built in camera roll editing software in my opinion is the brilliance slider. This is a very helpful tool, and when used with caution, can yield great results. I wonder if Adobe has ever considered adding their own version of a brilliance slider?

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
10 Comments
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the Apple website:

• Brilliance: Adjusts a photo to make it look richer and more vibrant, brightening dark areas, pulling in highlights, and adding contrast to reveal hidden detail. The adjustment is color neutral (no saturation is applied), but there may be a perceived change in color because brighter images with more contrast appear more vibrant.

Sounds like the equivalent of bumping up 'Shadows' and 'Contrast' while reducing 'Highlights'. LrC gives a much finer level control over these settings and you could make a presets that would match the amount of 'Brilliance' you want to add.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the screen capture and the link below. Clarity and Vibrance. To the bottom of the Basic controls...

Screenshot 2022-03-17 at 4.13.21 PM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clarity is likely the closest but of course, all such controls are propriatary.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can certainly understand why you would think that lightroom, with its finer controls, would actually deliver a superior image. However, I can assure you, that is absolutely not always the case. I have been using lightroom for over 10 years and am fairly well versed in the editing tools. I tried to emulate the results I got with apples brilliance slider on a sample image, and I was not able to, and gave up after 5 or 10 minutes. If you'd like, I'd be happy to upload an untouched iphone DNG image, a JPG of the brilliance slider effect, and you can have a go at it yourself. If you are able to get the same or better results, than I will certainly have something to learn from you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. I found this thread by trying to find something I could do in Lightroom that would produce the effect. I am a professional photographer and have used Lightroom a long time but there's nothing in there like the brilliance dial on iPhone that I can find 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It wouldn’t hurt to send in a feature request through the Ideas section of this forum. Adobe has been known to fill in legitimate gaps before. There used to be a gap in detail enhancement between Sharpening and Clarity that would sometimes cause me to reach for other software, but after Adobe recently added the Texture option, I can now stay in Lightroom Classic more of the time. A little before that, Adobe also decided a new Dehaze option was worth adding. So it might be worth a shot to let them know how adding something like Brilliance would fill a gap that you see in the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing in Lightroom that does what the Brilliance slider in iOS accomplishes...
It is a combo of Brightness, Clarity, Shadows but in a Special Sauce kind of way...
Would be an awesome tool to have....

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect this is a Lr preset, not a LrC preset, but???

https://presetlove.com/presets/brilliance/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lr presets and Lightroom Classic presets are the same. They are only stored in different places and do not sync, but technically there is no difference so you can simply install a LR preset in Lightroom Classic.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Plz Add Smart Feature- Brilliance AI Like On1 Photo Raw For Automatic Brightness Adjustment Photo

Votes

Translate

Translate