• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is this Program able to change the Background of PDF files

Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a number of PDF documents, some 100 pages,  which I want to print out. However the background when printed is much too dark. I have searched among PDF Editing programs for one which will change the background of a file, without success. Does anyone know of an editing progam (photo or PDF) which might Change the Background of a PDF File (change to white, or even neutral or transparent.? I would appreciate any advice and help on this

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic has the capability to create a PDF slideshow and in that process do a little customization of the background during the creation process. However, there is no provision to modify an already existing PDF file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want to retain the vector and layered nature of the contents of this PDF, you could bring that into a vector editor such as Affinity Designer, or Adobe Illustrator, or similar. Then the text and the background will be separately controllable and the text remains proper text - which will print crisply and even remain editable. Adobe allows a short one-off trial of Illustrator, which should last long enough to carry out the task. To continue using Illustrator after that trial ends you would need either a single-product subscription plan, or a subscription plan for the all-apps bundle which includes that (much more expensive).

Affinity software is IMO more consumer-level in its pricing, and its perpetual license rather than subscription. It may not be quite as maturely developed, or as industry-standard as the Adobe software is - but no complaints about its feature set. Personally I would be considering buying that in your situation, especially if similar tasks may occur again.

If you bring a PDF into Photoshop it is likely to just get turned into a bitmap graphic all on a single layer at the requested PPI resolution. You can still lighten that whole thing strategically, possibly in a way that maintains the blackness of the text (assuming it is black text) - but will have dumbed it down graphically. Not recommended.

Lightroom is not able to do anything with a PDF.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines