• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue updating to Lightroom 13

Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had version 13 of Lightroom Classic installed since it was released but just had to uninstall Lightroom Classic due to  issues connecting with Photoshop for external editing. I didn't see lightroom listed in my creative cloud app so I went to finder and clicked the uninstall tool next to the Lightroom classic app in the "applications" folder. Then I re-installed Lightroom classic using the Creative Cloud app.  Lightroom classic now shows as installed in the creative cloud desktop ap and It installed fine BUT installed version 12.5 and the creative cloud app will not show an update available. I tried refresh the update page and tried uninstalling and re-installing again and still nothing. Any advice?? thanks

I am running mac Sonoma 14.0 on a 2019 27" imac 3.7 ghz 6-core intel core I5...64 GB ram.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To suumirize:

1. You had/have issues connecting with Photoshop for external editing. (I take it their was no Edit in PS in LrC_
  2. You attempted to uninstall Lightroom Classic using the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App
  3. You did not see Lightroom Classic listed in the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App
  4. So you clicked the uninstall tool next to the Lightroom classic app in the "applications" folder.
  5. Then you went to reinstalled LrC using  the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App, but only v12.5 was shown.
  6. In your copy of the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App v 13.0, or 13.0.1 is not shown

Ok, perhaps the wrong procedure for dealing with a failure in LrC to be able to edit in PS. (I will list current procedure that apparently works below, but first your current issue)

TO attempt to fix,

1. Sign out of your copy of the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App
  2. Wait a few seconds then sign ion to your copy of the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App
  3. Did that work?

As for the edit in PS issue. Typically uninstalling PS, then reinstalling PS fixes that issue, but in some hard cases the following fixes the issue (so far)

1. Using Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App uninstall PS
  2. Using Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App uninstall LrC
  3. Using Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App install PS
  4. STOP, WARNING, NOTE, you must install PS before installing LrC in this fix
  5. Using Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App install LrC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the advice...tried all that and made progress but still have issues. The issue where lightroom wont connect to photoshp for external editing has been resoloved! thanks for your help. The issue of updating to Lightroom 13 still remains. I tried all mentioned steps and all the Creative cloud desktop app shows as the lates version of Lightroom classic is 12.5  (it does say "long term supported" too..whatever that means). I tried refreshing the updates section and it says no updates are available. Totally confused since I had lightroom 13 installed previously with no issies before I had to unintall it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Long Term supported?

See:

https://helpx.adobe.com/support/programs/cc-support-policy.html

You might want to bring up Adobe.com sign in, and check your Plan. Your subscription.

And did you sign out then sign in (as to make sure the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App is not doing something odd that starting again will fix)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines