• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with Z50 Raw files in LR Classic (worms)

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, I need ifg anyone of you can help me.

I have LR Classic latest version installed and anytime I import NEF files from my Z50, when doing zoom beyond 200%, I can perfectly see like worms in the file, and whenever I export to JPG, it is as well visible (ie  in peoples skin)

Nonetheless, when using NX Studiio or evel Lr (the non classic version) this is not happening, and the quality of the raw files is perfect.

This is not noise, I am sure, as In LR no classic it is perfect. I have reinstalled LR Classic and also camera raw to its altest version without success.

Can you pleasde help me somehow?Captura de pantalla 2021-07-19 a las 23.03.13.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Your Raw Default settings for LR Classic are probably set to use Adobe Defaults and LR Desktop set to use Camera settings. With Camera settings considerable Noise Reduction is being applied in LR Deskop, but not in LR Classic. Below is what I'm seeing with LR Classic 10.3 and LR Desktop 4.3.

You can change the settings in LR Classic at Edit>Preferences> Presets Raw Defaults and in LR Desktop at Edit> Preferences> Import> Raw Defaults. More here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/using/raw-defaults.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much sharpening are you doing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No sharpening beyond default, as the issue appears also at iso 100.

it seems as if LRC is not treating properly the raw file, as same sharpness/noise settings in LR (non classic) works perfect

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Raw Default settings for LR Classic are probably set to use Adobe Defaults and LR Desktop set to use Camera settings. With Camera settings considerable Noise Reduction is being applied in LR Deskop, but not in LR Classic. Below is what I'm seeing with LR Classic 10.3 and LR Desktop 4.3.

You can change the settings in LR Classic at Edit>Preferences> Presets Raw Defaults and in LR Desktop at Edit> Preferences> Import> Raw Defaults. More here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/using/raw-defaults.html

Raw Defaults.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Real thanks for you hint!!

it is exactly that issue, now I sorted it out.

Much appreciated your help,

All the best!

cheers,

Enrique 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear that resolved the issue. The Raw Default for LR Classic is Adobe Default and for LR Desktop it's Camera settings. Why Adobe did that I have no idea. It would have made more sense to have them both use the same Raw Default setting. Also Lightroom Desktop only supports a global Raw Default setting that is applied to all camera model raw files. LR Classic and Camera Raw support both a global Raw Default setting and a camera model specific setting that overrides the global setting. I use separate Develop presets for each of my camera models for my Raw Defaults, but can't use them in LR Desktop. So I learned something as well! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines