• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues Importing and Deleting Images

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to import new images to my lightroom catalogue. The images copy to a folder on my hard drive using the convert to dng option, as canon raw files, but do not import into the lightroom catalgue. Equally when deleting an image, Lightroom deletes it from the harddrive, but does not remove the thumbnail from Lightroom. Any pointers, TIA.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The images copy to a folder on my hard drive using the convert to dng option, as canon raw files, but do not import into the lightroom catalgue.

What happens, exactly? Please be specific and detailed. Please include the exact wording of any error messages.

Also, please state

• exact version NUMBER of your Lightroom Classic
  • exact version NUMBER of your operating system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2022 May 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears to be an editing issue related to that catalogue. I have created a new catalogue which works fine. The issue is when importing images from the import dialogue, the images are not added to the catalogue, but are copied as raw images to the correct location on the hard drive. The only error message is to say that no raw files have been converted. Likewise with deletion of images, the hard drive is updated but the thumb nail in Lightroom shows as an orphaned file. It appears that I cant update the Lightroom catalogue.

The operating system is macOS Big Sur Version 11.6. Lightroom Classic V11.3.1

Hope this gives you what you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Repeating: "Please include the exact wording of any error messages." I don't want your paraphrase of the error message, I want the EXACT wording of the error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see screenshots of the message I get. You will note that the file that I am using to import to, 'AAA' shows as invalid. The files are in this folder on the drive but not lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Adobe should add this as a ‘sticky’ message at the top of this forum, because it is by far the most frequently asked and answered question. Apple changed the security requirements in MacOS Monterey. Go to MacOS 'System Settings - Security & Privacy' and add Lightroom Classic and Photoshop to "Full Disk Access". Click on the lock icon to unlock the settings, then click on the plus icon to add Lightroom Classic and/or Photoshop if it isn't already listed. If it is listed, then just enable the checkbox.

082A6049-D3F3-4D03-B1D8-CBF9830C80DD.jpeg

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help. The box was not ticked in Full Disk Access, which I have done, but unfortunatly it is still the same. I can only see Lightroom here, whilxt I have photoshop, it does not show up. Is the a way of forcing it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rich24240639jz0t wrote:

Thanks for your help. The box was not ticked in Full Disk Access, which I have done, but unfortunatly it is still the same. I can only see Lightroom here, whilxt I have photoshop, it does not show up. Is the a way of forcing it?

I described that in the text. Click on the plus icon, and you'll get a standard MacOS 'Open' dialog. Navigate to your Applications folder and select Photoshop.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Johan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines