Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with keywording while switching between photos

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am writing a bug report related to keywording problems. I am accompanying this report with a video of the screen to illustrate the problem literally.

I will describe the problem in the text below too:
I am using Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 12.0.1 and Camera Raw 15 on macOS 12.6.1.

I haven't traced from which version of the program this problem arose (because it definitely wasn't there before). The problem is that in Library mode when I work with keywords and switch between different photos at the same time, some of the information from the photo where I write the keywords starts duplicating into the adjacent blank photos that I switch to.

https://youtu.be/7dIuiKKBsuU - This is what it looks like. I've tried writing keywords to both PSD and TIFF files - it's still just as glitchy and unpredictable.

Note that this only happens to photos that don't have certain fields filled in. Photos in which these fields are filled, do not undergo any changes during such a switch.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That third party application IMStocker, Keyworder  (plug-in?) Perhaps it is the issue? Any new updates to it?

What happens if you do not use it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no plugin opened. IMStocker is opened in the window of Google Chrome. Actually, if I paste keywords from anywhere (even a notepad) the result will be the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try not pasting in keywords at all. Try typing them in, Any difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Multiple images highlighted together, or just one? Do you have AutoSync turned on for the Library module? (toggle switch bottom of right side panels, on the left). Are you working with the Library screen in Grid view or Loupe view?

Also, from your mention of "photos that don't have certain fields filled in" that sounds more like use of the Metadata panel, than Keywording. If so: please check whether the new switch in the Metadata panel is set to "Targeted photo", or "Selected photos" - I may have the exact terminology wrong there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well.. the thing is that I do totally the same steps as I've been doing a year ago and earlier when everything worked always pretty fast + I've never had these glitchy wandering fields from one photo to another. That's why for me it looks like a 100% bug and I am trying to report this as a bug since I've been using LR for years.

Multiple images highlighted together, or just one? – Just one.

Do you have AutoSync turned on for the Library module? – Nope, it is turned off and those buttons are even disabled for me – probably you could see on the video capture. 

Are you working with the Library screen in Grid view or Loupe view? – Both but mostly in Loupe.

... sounds more like use of the Metadata panel, than Keywording – I use two fields from Metadata + Keywording. I need these three fields which I've shown on the video screen capture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like the fields are very slow to update for you. I tried reproducing this with copied keywords (I just copied and pasted from a note) but can't get the behavior you show where the caption becomes sticky. Do you have any plugins installed on your machine? Show the output from System Info (help menu).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have plugins, indeed.

Sys info:

Lightroom Classic version: 12.0.1 [ 202210260744-9e008017 ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en
Operating system: Mac OS 12
Version: 12.6.1 [21G217]
Application architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 16
Processor speed: 2,4GHz
SqLite Version: 3.36.0
Built-in memory: 65 536,0 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 65 536,0 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 11 391,7 MB (17,3%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 63 656,2 MB
Memory cache size: 3 040,4MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 15.0 [ 1261 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 892MB / 32767MB (2%)
Camera Raw real memory: 901MB / 65536MB (1%)
Standard Preview Size: 1440 pixels
Displays: 1) 4096x2560

Graphics Processor Info:
Metal: AMD Radeon Pro 5500M
Init State: GPU for Export supported by default
User Preference: GPU for Export enabled

Application folder: /Applications/Adobe Lightroom Classic
Library Path: /Users/galxcom/Pictures/Lightroom/Lightroom Catalog-v12.lrcat
Settings Folder: /Users/galxcom/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom

Installed Plugins:
1) AdobeStock
2) Aperture/iPhoto Importer Plug-in
3) Flickr
4) HDR Efex Pro 2
5) Negative Lab Pro
6) Nikon Tether Plugin
7) Plugin Parameters

Config.lua flags: None

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't recognize the "plugin parameters" plugin. What does it do? What happens if you disable it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a plugin from the NIK Collection. I disabled all plugins except NLP and restarted the application. The situation has not changed.

After reading the questions, tips, and comments on this post, I could summarize as follows. Now the process of saving keywords inside the files for some reason takes a few seconds (4-5). It is during this process that the main oddities occur. In addition to the bugs with the input fields, I have, for example, the function of adding to and removing from Quick Collection does not work for a few seconds after inserting keywords. It's as if LR loses some of the functionality during this time. As soon as the save ends - all functionality comes back in order.
In principle, I do not mind, I can wait. But the problem is that this hasn't happened before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines