• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

jpeg files instead of dng files. the camera was set to jpeg files only. MAC Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a nikon 850 and somehow had it set to jepeg files instead of raw dng files.  Lightroom Classic will not import the files.  What setting do i need to change?  I have a Macbook pro OS Monterey 12.5.  I sure hope I can import these files.  LRC 12.2 release camera raw 15.2.

I sure could use some help.  I took these photos at a game refuge and am just sick about my mistake with the camera settings.  I sure hope there is a workaround for this.

THanks

Liza Vaughn

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jpeg images are already processed so you should be able to use the Copy option to import them to your LrC Catalog. You cannot use Copy as DNG.

Even if you could all you would have is a jpeg in a DNG wrapper.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom Classic will not import the files.

Explain this more. Provide more details. Exactly what happens when you do this? If there is an error message, please quote the exact complete unedited word-for-word error message.

By the way, a Nikon D850 does not produce DNG files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines