• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard shortcut CTRL+Shift+C does not copy settings

Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I upgraded my Lightroom and ever since I did that, the shortcut for copying settings does not work (Paste does).
I can't seem to find out what the problem is. Google didn't help me (or I didn't use Google how I should.) I hope somone knows what's up...?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Since you already did reset the preferences, I'm actually out of ideas, except for removing and reinstalling LR: Download Photoshop Lightroom

6.0 first and then the upgrade to 6.9 - don't forget to reboot between every step (remove/install/upgrade).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Reemz for the heads up. We'll now have to check if you have this issue on a new Administrator account or not. See https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/instantanswers/5de907f1-f8ba-4fd9-a89d-efd23fee918c/create-a-loc... for reference.

Keep us updated,

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

First of all, my apologies it took so long for me to get back to you. I've been very busy the past few days.

Secondly, I've created a new administrator account and that does not have the same problem! So now we know it is Windows related, right? I hope you can imagine I would really like to stay on my own Windows account, when using Lightroom. So here's my next question; do you have any idea what could be causing this problem and how to fix it? I realise it could be all kinds of things, but hey, I can always ask right? 😉

Have a great day.

Kind regards,
Reemz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Reemz,

Thanks for the update. As the issue is specific to only this account. It is worth trying to use Adobe Cleaner tool to clear any corrupt registry entries. Please refer Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems and remove Lightroom following the steps mentioned.

Thanks and have a great day.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

After trying just about every option I (and kind people like yourself) could think about, I ended up reinstalling Windows.
This solved the problem.

I thought you'd like to know.

Thanks for your time and your patience.

Kind regards,
Reemz.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a new administrator account and that does not have the same problem! ...I end ed up reinstalling Windows. This solved the problem.

One possibility is that you had an old utility installed that was capturing the keystroke.  A long-standing problem with Windows is that can be very hard to find which program is intercepting the keystroke.  There was a diagnostic program that ran on older Windows versions that would identify which program got the keystroke, but it doesn't work with Windows 10. 

For anyone reading this thread in the future, another troubleshooting step is to temporarily disable all hidden startup programs and services using MSConfig (Google it). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, it was a Radeon shortcut duplicating it.  Hit the windows key then type Radeon, "AMD Radeon Software", "Toggle Camera" had the same key sequence, disabling it there allowed it to work in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you thank you thank you, this solved the issue for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was my issue as well. Very odd. Very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just updated (against my better judgement!) and had exactly the same problem. Did you ever resolve this? I have read the coments below with horror.. do not want to go down the re-intstall route if possible!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm sorry it took so long for me to reply. I didn't check back here in ages. Did you end up re-installing Windows? For many others and myself it turned out that a Radeon shortcut was the problem. Disabling the shortcut was the fix.

Again, I'm very sorry I didn't respond earlier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines