• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard shortcut that will assign a rating to multiple images?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I select multiple images and try to assign a rating to all of them by using, say, the '3' key to assign a 3-star rating LRC only applies the rating to the first image in the selection.

Is there a keyboard shortcut that would apply a rating to multiple images?

Thanks

M

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

You have to use Grid view for this to work.

If you are using the film strip in Loupe view or Develop, only the first image will be rated.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to use Grid view for this to work.

If you are using the film strip in Loupe view or Develop, only the first image will be rated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Per.

You've saved me much frustration!

Cheers

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends where and how you are working on these images.

If you are in Develop, selecting these in the Filmstrip, any change you make will only be applied to the active image unless you toggle on Develop's "AutoSync" feature which is a switch next to the Sync button at lower right. AutoSync, while on, will apply each new change across all highlighted images - Develop adjustments, everything - so use with caution.

In Library's Loupe view (a single image in the main window and multiple images highlighted in the Filmstrip): it is the same as in Develop. You'll apply rating to a single image unless you turn on AutoSync. Library has got its own AutoSync switch, which works independently of the switch in Develop.

In Library's Grid view (thumbnails in the main window), LrC presumes you want to work "in the batch":

pressing 3 will then apply 3 rating to all highlighted images, even without AutoSync being turned on.

But note, it is not completely consistent: some kinds of arguably more dangerous change, will not auto batch apply while in Grid view. This is I think a balance judgement, convenience vs risk. So control is put into our hands: to force / permit these kinds of slightly more 'risky' operation to apply across any and all images highlighted, is where AutoSync comes in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Richard. Much appreciated.

Cheers

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Richard, i wish to thank you for this perfect and useful reply : this is exactly the problem i was facing. "Synch.Auto" was turned to "On". I don't know why but you brought the ideal solution !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines