Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Keyword List panel questions?

Participant ,
Jan 21, 2023 Jan 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hoping that somebody might be able to help me with a couple of annoyances that I haven't been able to figure out.

Both of the questions are regarding the input field "Filter Keywords" at the top of the Keyword List panel. 

My first question is, is there a keyboard shortcut that allows you to quickly access the import field box?

My second question, is there a way to search for compound words combinations? By that I mean, how do you search for  "My Word Combo or Phrase" and only show results that only match that exact phrase.

I really appreciate your help. Thanks in advance - CES.

TOPICS
Cross-app workflows , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2023 Jan 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only what I know-

[Ctrl+3] will open the Keyword List, but you still need to click the mouse cursor in the KW Filter box to begin typing a search.

Compound KWs are more easily found in [All Photographs] from the top Search Bar for Metadata. Set one of the Columns to 'Keywords', set the style to 'Flat'. Then all KWs are sorted alphabetic.

2023-01-22 15_52_53-Roberts Catalog-v12 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.jpg

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 12.1 Photoshop 24.0.1, ACR 15.1, Lightroom 6.1, Lr-iOS 8.0.8, Bridge 13.0.1, Windows-11.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you but unfortunately the answer doesn't address either of the questions:

(Ctl / Command) + 3 only expands / contracts the panel If you're NOT already in the panel... if you are it has no effect. As the attached shows, if your well down the list of keywords I'm trying to get back to the search box to add a new keyword to the image without having to manually scroll up to the imput field. 

Secondly I'm tring to filter my list to only show "- Catch All" or some other word or phrase combination to add that keyword to the image. Why "??? ???" or '??? ??' does not work is beyond me. 

Thanks for replying though. I'm pretty sure there isnt a way to do either but I thought i'd ask... ADOBE HAS NEVER GIVEN A XXXX ABOUT THIS PANEL!!!!! - CES

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE HAS NEVER GIVEN A XXXX ABOUT THIS PANEL!!!!!

Certainly not true, they cared enough to create the field, and they care enough to provide instructions on how to submit feature requests: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/how-do-i-write-a-feature-request/idi-p/123863...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You miss the point they haven't touched made any changes to this panel since version 3 14 years ago!!!!!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"To add a new keyword to the image without having to manually scroll up to the imput field."

Windows-[Ctrl+K]   Mac-[Cmd+K]

And [Ctrl.Cmd + / ] will give you a page of KB shortcuts-

2023-01-23 07_22_07-Bezel.jpg

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 12.1 Photoshop 24.0.1, ACR 15.1, Lightroom 6.1, Lr-iOS 8.0.8, Bridge 13.0.1, Windows-11.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rob Thanks again, but that takes you to the Keywording Panel... The purpose of the question is not to enter a keyword, exactly, but to filter the Keyword List Panel.

Thanks - CES

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I cannot be of more help.  A couple of flicks on my mouse scroll wheel gets me there but I see the problem you have with many KWs.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you though for trying..

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines