• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lagging or does not respond

Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work with two identical MSI laptops, on one laptop Lightroom Clasic works without problems, but on the other it is very slow and sometimes it does not work at all?
Both laptops are 100% updated, Lightroom has been updated to the latest version ...
I'm aware that laptops may not be the optimal PC for image editing, but that's the only option for me that travels +200 days a year.

The program often writes "does not respond" or works slowly so a very small edit on an image can take 2-3 min.
Needless to say, it's hopeless to edit 1,000 photos after a weekend in nature.

Hope there is a solution in this forum to solve my problem.

Best regards, 

Søren 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing that you should try is to switch off the GPU support from the Lightroom preferences and check if that helps to fix the issue. 

Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html#troubleshooting 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html 

If Lightroom doesn't start correctly the please see "Solution 2" in the document behind the second link. 

Troubleshoot GPU issues | Lightroom Classic (adobe.com) 

Another step is to try to reset the Lightroom preferences. 

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/ 

If this doesn't help we need more informations about your environment. 

Which operating system do you use? 

Which version of Lightroom do you use? 

Please post the exact version and not only phrases as "recent", "latest" and so on. 

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Axel, 

I have tried the above and the speed has increased, still not optimal but much better than before.

From previously being able to spend 2-3 min on each individual image, the time is now down to less than 30 sec.
Considering that I work with image files at +120MB each, then that is acceptable.

Thank you very much for the good advice and help.

Best regards, 

Søren 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two identical computers. One works fine, the other is slow or doesn't work at all.

Have you checked to see what the differences are between them in terms of software apps installed and running, services running in background, how Windows Defender or alternative VC is configured and running, etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ian, 

The challenge is that one laptop is at my workplace in Northeast Greenland and I am sitting with the other laptop 2,400 km away in Denmark. 
But in response to Axel above, it seems that some of the problem has been solved.
Otherwise, I must have brought the two laptops together and see the difference in setup.

Thank you very much for the good advice and help.

Best regards, 

Søren 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where are the images stored? External drive? Do both have same number of images?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Randy, 

Correct, I work only with the images on external hard drive.

I only travel with external hard drive, the laptop I leave at my work.
But since I add and delete files, number is not the same on the laptop.

Best regards, 

Søren 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both laptops are 100% updated, Lightroom has been updated to the latest version ...

Many members see that phrase as dirty words. Not to be trusted. And request that it be verified before responding.  Sometimes authors assume that the computer(s) are up to date as auto updates are on, sometimes they assume LrC is up to date for the same reason. Occasionally, they assume LrC is up to date because no new update is offered via Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App ( ACCDA)

So for both computers, prove me wrong in your case and post answers to the following (includes some additional questions):

• Exact Adobe program name and version:
  • Exact Operating System name and version/build:
  • Computer mfg and model:
  • CPU:
  • RAM:
  • GPU, make, model, and driver version
  • VRAM
  • How much space do you allow the Camera RAW CACHE to get:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi GoldingD, 

You will see that the problem is solved with the help of Axel's suggestions.

Best regards, 

Søren 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines