Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Laptop specs for Lightroom

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Can anyone say me if this laptop specs are good for Lightroom or PS work.

It's ASUS ZENBOOK FLIP 15 UX563FD

Screen diagonal 15.6 "
CPU family Intel Core i7
CPU Intel Core i7-10510U 1.80 GHz
CPU series Intel 10th series LGA-1200
VGA family NVIDIA
Integrated VGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
Resolution 3840 x 2160 (4K UHD)
Refresh rate 60 Hz
Memory size 16 GB
Memory type DDR4
Hard drive 0 GB
SSD drive 512 GB

Thank for any info ☺

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If using a 4k display, there is a gain from the dedicated GPU. However, it should have dedicated VRAM of 4GB. You may want to double-check this.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html

Anything else, as far as I can tell, is ok.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I forgot to write. GTX 1050 is with 4 GB RAM.

I am close to buy and wondering if someone has experience, can I go with it.

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CPU is slow by today's standards, so Lightroom Classic will be slow. Whether the speed bothers you can't really be determined in advance, it may be fine for your usage, or it may be slow. If you are using a camera with lots of megapixels, this would make speed problems worse. Since you have a large screen (4K), then again this makes the situation worse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am entering the world of photography. I just ordered Canon 90D.

I am planning to use Lightroom for begining, and have opportunity to get this laptop, but wasn't sure if it is okay.

So, It will still work, but might be slow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it will work, but in my opinion, this is not a good combination:

32.5 Megapixel photos

4K screen

slow CPU

All of these things combine into a situation that screams "SLOW" to me. Whether it feel slow to you is another story.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a i7 4th generation with RAW from D850. OK, it's not blazing fast, but it's ok.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a i7 4th generation with RAW from D850. OK, it's not blazing fast, but it's ok.

By @F. McLion

What size in pixels (width and height) is your screen?

Also, you seem to be implying that all i7 4th generation CPUs have the same speed, which is of course not true. If you have a fast i7 4th gen CPU, and this particular CPU mentioned in the original message is slow, then this is not a valid comparison at all. What exact i7 4th gen CPU do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using i7-4790K with 1920x1200 display.

I know that there are various 4th gen i7. What I wanted to say is that every 10th gen is probably faster than any 4th gen and if not using as a professional ... I don't have to earn money with it and for what I do as a hobby it is still fast enough. I tend to invest in photographic gear instead of new PCs with faster CPU for rather lower speed gains.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monitor size makes a big difference, the original question had a 4K monitor, and so the speed of many Lightroom Classic operations with that monitor will be slower than with your monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And for the 4k monitor, at a lot of places the GPU support helps more than the CPU.

With my large D850 files, everything but develop display (and all the other stuff that's GPU accelerated) should be slow with my old CPU .... and it is not.

I still state: As long as it is an i7 in a later generation, and there also is a "not too old" dedicated GPU with at least 4GB VRAM, you're more than just ok.

IMHO, there's no need to get the latest and greatest PC setup to work reasonably with LrC (use it for creative, photograpic gear ;-).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CPU Intel Core i7-10510U 1.80 GHz

CPU does not meat minimum specs for LrC v10.3, unless LrC can use it's turbo mode.

Intel® or AMD processor with 64-bit support; 2 GHz or faster processor

from: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/system-requirements.html

CPU is a "power efficient" one. Not sure if you can ramp up power to it in Windows for high performance.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Core-i7-10510U-Laptop-Processor-Comet-Lake-U.430586.0.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Notebook versions always clock slow when not used and scale up automatically when used. It's BIOS and OS and there's nothing Lr can do here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines