Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Lastest LRc feature down arrow on previews wants you 'save' what?

Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the latest update to LRc, my photos in the lowest line of photos come up with an down arrow on them after I do any eidt to them. Then if I click on it it asks me to 'Save'. What is it saving? Is it actually modifying my original photo if I do select 'Save'? I do not understand since all edits are in the History panel, so why do I need to save them again? And, I certainly do not want to permanently change the original!

TOPICS
Presets or profiles, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you have 'Automatically write changes to XMP' checked in the catalog settings before, and did it get unchecked? This sounds like the warning that the metadata on disk are different from the metadata in the catalog. You can safely ignore it, or turn on that setting again.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update Metadata icon shows up when you make an edit/metadata change even if you never had "Automatically write changes to XMP" checked and there is no associated XMP file on disk.  I just turn the icon OFF in Grid settings.

Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 12.09.07 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 12.10.34 PM.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Johan and Bob have suggested - turn it off.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines