Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest Lightroom / Photoshop Apps for IMac High Sierra

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm looking for some help and guidance. I recently purchased an old 2011 IMac running High Sierra system. I was hoping to later install the Lightroom/Photoshop monthly package to it but wasn't sure if it would work. Can anyone confirm if it would be ok to run without any issues? Only reason I ask is that I don't want to setup to pay for the subscription for it then to not work.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

macOS 10.13 High Sierra is starting to roll off the supported list. The latest version of most Creative Cloud apps require macOS 10.14 Mojave or later. To run Creative Cloud on High Sierra, you will need to install the previous version of Creative Cloud apps (2020).

For now, you can still install Creative Cloud 2020 apps using the Creative Cloud desktop app; that is the last version that supports High Sierra. But if Adobe follows recent history and releases the next round of Creative Cloud (2022) apps this fall, it is likely that Creative Cloud 2020 apps will be dropped from availability. If/when that happens, there will be no more High Sierra-compatible versions installable from the Creative Cloud desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would I be right in thinking if I was to use the latest creative cloud 2020 version to support it and use the apps currently. Then down the line if I don't 'update' the creative cloud to a new version I should be ok to use them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you can install and run the apps, then they will continue to work as long as you don't update either your software or the operating system, and as long as your computer works.

As stated above, you are on thin ice, if something breaks, you may not be able to get Lightroom Classic to run on your very old comptuer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only reason I ask is that I don't want to setup to pay for the subscription for it then to not work.

Download the 7-day free trial and see if it runs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines