Latest LR Release-- Ctrl key no longer works with Brush tool to toggle auto mask on and off????

Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2021 Dec 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Prior to the latest LR release, I would always leave auto mask off (unchecked) when using the brush tool. As I brushed, I would dynamically turn auto masking on when needed by simply holding the Ctrl key down while I brushed. I loved this feature.

However, with this latest LR release, using the Ctrl key to toggle auto masking on and off no longer seems to work. Is there a new shortcut key to accomplish this in the new release or was this feature removed?

I have searched online and cannot find any information on the topic. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Bruce

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 31, 2021 Dec 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not ever recall using [Ctrl] to invoke AutoMask.

I know that keyboard [A] toggles AutoMask on/off. And [Alt] invokes the Erase Brush.

My (English language) keyboard [Ctrl] invokes a 'flashing' cursor circle to show the cursor location- maybe my mouse options over-ride LrC, but the [Ctrl] shortcut is not in this list of shortcuts-

Rob_Cullen_0-1641021395954.png

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 11.4.1 Photoshop 23.4.1, ACR 14.4.2, Lightroom 5.3, Lr-iOS 7.0.2, Bridge 12.0.2, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2022 Jan 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, using the CTRL key to dynamically toggle auto masking on/off IS still working!

What threw me off is that  in the prior version, when you pressed the CTRL key you would visually see the change in the brush panel-- that is, if the Auto Mask check box was checked and you pressed the CTRL key, the box would un-check, and vice versa. However, now in the latest version, when you press the CTRL key, there is no feedback provided in the brush panel. For example, if Auto Mask is off (no check box) and you hold the CTRL key down to invoke auto masking, the check box remains unchecked. That is why I thought it was not working.  However, on the actual image, while brushing, using the CTRL key still functions like it did in prior versions.

Sorry for the confusion and thanks for the speedy response!

Bruce

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines