Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LC shuts down when tether function is launched

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Lightroom Classic crashes and shuts down when I´m trying to launch the tether function. 

Opening Archive-> Tether (in swedish Direktfångst) -> Start tethering 

This will open a dialogue section with Tether Settings. No matter what settings I choose and finally click OK, then Lightroom Classis program shuts down. Without any crash information/report.

System info

Lightroom Classic-version: 12.1
Platform: Apple M1, macOS Ventura 13.0.1

Regards

/Anders

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You haven't mentioned which camera make or model. If Nikon and your OS is Ventura, then tethering isn't working - see https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/known-issues.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´m using a Fujifilm X-T4 and have downloaded Tether-plugin from Fujifilm to LC. However, the tether application in LC don't start at all. 

I tried this on an older Mac with macOS Monterey v.12.6.1 (Intel i7), Lightroom Classic v.12.0.1 and the tether application works fine - launching and starts to search for the camera. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working with Intel and Monterey means nothing when you're using Apple Silicon and Ventura.  Have you checked with Fuji that their Plugin is compatible with Apple Silicon and Ventura. Also, check that the plugin doesn't require that LrC is launched in Rosetta emulation mode as was the case until a few days back for Canon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, Ian.

In my case LrC crash using M1 and Ventura regardless of I connect my camera or not, with or without Fujifilm plugin installed. I have tried to reinstall LrC, but same problem. The main problem is that I don´t even get pass the Tether Setting phase, as soon as I confirm my settings and hit OK -> LrC shuts down. 

Only reasonable reason this is happening I guess is a bug in LcR connected to the Apple Silicon architecture. 

//Anders

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/p-mac-ventura-known-issues-please-read-... Read the comment on Nikon and Ventura please

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK I found a solution: Delete all preferences.

Go to library and serach in this folder for all lightroom files. Delete them all. Start new and it works 🙂

Pay attention to save the preferences that you do not want to lose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.  Tethered Shooting doesn't start at all. No camera attached.

Lightroom Classic-version: 12.1
Platform: Apple M1, macOS Ventura 13.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines