• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Leica M10 perspective correction

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leica has recently introduced a firmware update for their current M10 rangefinder camera series, the M10-P,  M10-R and M10 Monochrom. This uses the camera's level sensors to add metadata that Lightroom can use as guides for automatic perspective correction on the raw files. It is a really nice and useful function. 

This works beautifully for the M10-P, and I believe (but without personal experience) the M10-R. But I cannot for the life of me persuade it to work with the M10 Monochrom. The function is working fine in the camera but LR refuses to play ball.

This is very frustrating, specially as all the PR guff talks about it being developed in collaboration between Leica and Adobe. Is it a develpoment that hasn't made it into the outside world yet for the Monochrom, or is it a bug?

ACR in Photoshop is exactly the same as far as I can see - works as expected with the M10-P but not the Monochrom.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably a bug that hasn't been caught because so few people have these and even fewer that would know about this feature. I would go to https://feedback.photoshop.com and report it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I thought I didn't know about that one but logged in and found a load of problems that I had posted there previously! Now cross-posted over there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Doesn't work on either my M10-R or Q3 on develop module on LR Classic (V. 13.0.1). No perspective metadata from in camera corrected image appears to be imported to LR Classic. In fact the Q3 does not appear on Lens correction list, maybe because it has a fixed lens unlike M, R and S cameras. Collaboration between Leica and Adobe appears to be a bit lacking here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines