Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Lens data not displaying--lens variations?

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2021 Sep 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running the 10.4 release of LrC with Camera Raw 13.4 on Windows 10 Pro (current release).

I am using three lenses at the moment, two that were introduced in 2009, and one that was introduced in 2004. Those lenses are:

SMC Pentax-DA L 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR

SMC Pentax-DA L 50-200mm F4-5.6 ED WR

and

SMC Pentax-DA 16-45mm F4 ED AL [IF]

Of these three, the last is displayed when I view the EXIF data in the Library module. The other two--I note that the versions without the "L" but with the "WR" are supported according to Adobe's page of supported lenses (i.e. "SMC Pentax-DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR" is a supported lens). I further note that the versions WITH the "L" but without the "WR" are supported (i.e. SMC Pentax-DA L 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL" is also a supported lens). I have verified using EXIFtool that the EXIF data for each of these lens models is present in the RAW file's metadata for each photo shot using these lenses.

I'm not concerned as much with profile correction, as I can do that manually or select an optically almost identical lens. I do, however, shoot with a number of different lenses and would REALLY like to have access to the EXIF's "LensModel" information in the Library module... just like I do for the third lens (16mm-45mm) I mention above. I've included screenshots of the Library module's EXIF display area for each associated RAW file.

Is there genuinely no way to display this EXIF data? Even if the lens profile isn't supported by Adobe for correction, why would it hide available EXIF data from me? I consider this a bug. Not including a profile for correction--fine, there are too many lenses to include them all. Not allowing me to view existing data, that a freeware program does? I don't understand.

Thank you!!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?