• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lens Profile Fail on install to new machine

Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! I recently bought a new PC as my old one was struggling with Lightroom Classic, especially doing brush corrections. I installed my Creative Cloud Apps on this new one, and I've noticed when moving my photos directories onto the new machine, Lightroom doesn't recognize my Canon RF 15-35mm f2.8 L camera lens. It recognizes it as an EF 15mm 2.8 lens, and distorts the photos quite wildly if I choose the EF choice. If I don't set the lens correction, the photo looks ok. Here's where it gets really weird. I did a few corrections on the photo, exported it to a folder as a .PSD doc, opened it in Photoshop, and when looking at the EXIF data in Photoshop, it had no problem recognizing and reporting which lens was used (the RF 15-35). I see no profiles for RF lens in Lightroom on the new machine. On my old one, it showed all of them. Is there a place where I can manually add lenses?? The pulldown box shows only EF lenses, and only one Canon camera choice, the 5D. Thanks in advance! See attached photo.Lightroom_FShY9iZ3Np.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

"The pulldown box shows only EF lenses, and only one Canon camera choice, the 5D."

That indicates you're editing a non-raw (e.g. a JPEG).  Most lens profiles are for raw only. You can verify by typing "i" to show the file name in the info overlay in the upper-left corner.

This is an easy-to-make mistake -- LR doesn't clearly indicate the file type of the phot you're editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The pulldown box shows only EF lenses, and only one Canon camera choice, the 5D."

That indicates you're editing a non-raw (e.g. a JPEG).  Most lens profiles are for raw only. You can verify by typing "i" to show the file name in the info overlay in the upper-left corner.

This is an easy-to-make mistake -- LR doesn't clearly indicate the file type of the phot you're editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, it's a .psd looking in the corner. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh... yes! THANK YOU!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like you are attempting the lens correction AFTER it comes into LrC from PS (via edit in PS process.So you are attempting this on a raster image, not a RAW, hence, kaput.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Camera model are you using?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Canon R5 mirrorless

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines