Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lens Profile Incorrectly Filled

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

When I shoot with my Canon 500mm f/4 IS USM (version I, not version II) with the 1.4x Canon Extender III, the lens profile is not automatically detected. When I enable 'Profile Corrections' and select "Canon" for the 'Make' field, an entirely incorrect lens profile is automatically applied. Consistently Lightroom chooses and applies the Canon 55-250 version I lens profile, which is a very far cry from the lens I am seeking.

How can I remedy this issue?

Here's a snippet of the EXIF data:

aux:LensInfo="700/1 700/1 0/0 0/0"
aux:Lens="EF500mm f/4L IS USM +1.4x III"
aux:LensID="143"
aux:LensSerialNumber="0000000000"
aux:ImageNumber="0"
aux:ApproximateFocusDistance="457/10"
aux:FlashCompensation="0/1"
aux:Firmware="1.1.4"
exifEX:LensModel="EF500mm f/4L IS USM +1.4x III"

Here is the software information:

LRC Ver: 11.3

Camera Raw Ver: 14.3

MacOS 12.3.1

M1 MBP 16"

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Select an image you took with this lens/extender combo, manually select the correct profile (I assume there is a profile for the 500mm with extender) and then click on the pop-up menu on the right of 'Setup'. Select 'Save New Lens Profile Defaults'. That should do it. From now on images shot with this lens/extender combo should be recognised correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did some notes including a summary of how to make a user custom lens profile assignment, in this recent thread: 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/meta-data-not-readin-correctly-in-devel... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select an image you took with this lens/extender combo, manually select the correct profile (I assume there is a profile for the 500mm with extender) and then click on the pop-up menu on the right of 'Setup'. Select 'Save New Lens Profile Defaults'. That should do it. From now on images shot with this lens/extender combo should be recognised correctly.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly so. But just to add to this, unless the image's profile selection is set to 'Default' - so, not to 'Auto':

such a customised default profile setting will - in my experience - be ignored. 

(this can be set for example, by a preset used at import or otherwise that is attached to that camera model - you are not setting any particular lens profile in doing this; the same preset can be used no matter what the lens - you are just telling LrC to not only employ the supplied Auto lens profile assigments, but also and in preference, to employ User Default lens profile assignments)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, this was a simple solution that solved my issue. I appreciate the assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines