Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Let the client sort the pictures.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Lightroom community!
Let's says I've done a job for a company. I have taken 1000 pictures. I've sorted out 100 good ones. The client has agreed to pay for 25 pictures.
Is there a way to let the client easily chose 25 of the 100 pictures, and that his selection will become visible in my Lightroom?

I've been working freelance for 11 years and have never found a great solution for this.

Best regards,

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

I should have explained...
The client does not have to setup an Adobe ID, you the photographer would setup this up and supply your client with the login details
You could then use that same Adobe ID for all clients that require proofing, Adobe does not limit the amount of Adobe IDs you can possess
Watch the video, it explains exactly how this can be used for all your proofing needs
Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might find this suggestion for "Collaborative Proofing" of interest from the Guru John Beardsworth-

Collaborative Proofing – “Lightroom CC” thinking for a Lightroom Classic task? – Lightroom Solutions

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply Rob_Cullen.

I can't see myself asking my clients to get an Adobe account for this.

Also, I would like to be able to limit the file-size / dpi of the picture and be able to watermark the pictures.

Any other solutions out there? Maybe in the form of a Lightroom Classic plugin?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this, your Client will only needs an Adobe ID

Photography Masterclass - How to Do Client Proofing and Deliver Final Images - YouTube

Snapper

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have explained...
The client does not have to setup an Adobe ID, you the photographer would setup this up and supply your client with the login details
You could then use that same Adobe ID for all clients that require proofing, Adobe does not limit the amount of Adobe IDs you can possess
Watch the video, it explains exactly how this can be used for all your proofing needs
Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I can't see myself asking my clients to get an Adobe account for this.

I use the below shared Web album settings and people I've sent the share link to did not require an Adobe ID.

Share Settings.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clients wishing to add comments or to "like" particular images, as feedback to the photographer (which was part of the OP's requirement) will need to sign in under some sort of an Adobe ID.

Without that sign-in, no matter what kind of link has been shared, people can do no more than view the images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rich. I tried adding a comment on shared album using my wife's computer and the button says 'Sign in to comment.' I wasn't aware of that and as others have stated it's an unecessary limitation. The Album> Share & Invite> Settings has a selector for 'Allow comments and likes,' which provides the same capability. IMHO the whole LR Ecosystem structure leaves a lot to be desired. In addition to these limitations LR Desktop, LR Mobile, and LR Web apps all suffer from the same color management issue when using custom camera profiles. The Adobe Standard profile is substituted until the image has been edited in each app. Just a heads-up warning! I've notified Adobe Engineering and a bug report has been issued.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/linear-non-standard-profile-in-lr-mobile/idc-p...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tongue in Cheek!-  🙂  And then there is the 'good old' pencil and paper! (a Notepad text doc of a list)

Ask for a 'list' of 25 images. That shouldn't be too hard for your client, especially if they see files named with a simple Sequence Number.

Then you Filter in LrC for the list!

LIST OF FILES TO SEARCH or FILTER

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines