• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LFR not converting all raw files to dng

Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed computers and filing ideas. Had thousands of photos shot on various Leica D-lux, Nikon's etc. between 2006 and 2022, RAW, RWL, NEF. Created a new catalog after updating to the latest verson of LR. Started the import with "convert to DNG" only the 2006 photos got converted, the rest are renamed (with date etc) but RAW, RWL, NEF. Any ideas what went wrong?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

I think I have the answer: LR copied the files first, now is converting them. The sheer number of them makes the process long, In a few hours (tomorrow morning) they will all be converted.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think what you did wrong was to start a new catalog. When you upgrade to a new version of LrC, you should be able to use the previous catalog — the upgrade process makes a copy of your previous catalog, and then upgrades the copy to work in the new version of LrC. (If you didn't get an option to upgrade, then double-click on the previous catalog .LRCAT file in your operating system or use File->Open Catalog in LrC on the previous catalog file)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.

I needed to make a new one as the existing one was on my laptop and contains only phone images, I want a catalog on an external disk so I can use it with both my laptop and desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I have the answer: LR copied the files first, now is converting them. The sheer number of them makes the process long, In a few hours (tomorrow morning) they will all be converted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines