Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Library, Before & After, Export do not match Develop colors

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

The Library view, Before view, and unedited Export view all have the same colors. However, both the After view and Develop module view have different colors from the aforementioned.

I've gone through the previous threads that indicate a possible import preset or a screen calibration issue. Troubleshooting in any of these regards have failed in solving the problem. I use a Spyder5 Pro calibrator and shifting from this display profile to the standard Mac profile or Adobe RGB profile shows the same difference in view colors between modules.

I'm 100% sure I have not used any import presets. This has never happened on my older MacBook with screen calibrated in the same way, running an older OS and older Lightroom. Kindly advise.

Thank you!

Information about my setup:

2022 MacBook Air M2 256GB

OS X Ventura 13.0.1

Lightroom Classic 11.5

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

After export, you view them where? 

You must compare the exported images, in a color-managed application and at 1:1 (100%) zoom or greater and compare that only in Develop module. That module is unique in how it generates previews. Try the Develop preview at that zoom level and say Photoshop if you have it (at 100%): match or mismatch>

IF mismatch, it could be a display profile issue. Or GPU:

First, try disabling GPU in the preferences (Performance). Any better?

If not, recalibrate and build a n

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some further notes, I initially noticed it when I imported new .NEF photos that were converted to .DNG but apparently even imported JPEGs that are unconverted will have the same color difference in the different views.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After export, you view them where? 

You must compare the exported images, in a color-managed application and at 1:1 (100%) zoom or greater and compare that only in Develop module. That module is unique in how it generates previews. Try the Develop preview at that zoom level and say Photoshop if you have it (at 100%): match or mismatch>

IF mismatch, it could be a display profile issue. Or GPU:

First, try disabling GPU in the preferences (Performance). Any better?

If not, recalibrate and build a new ICC display profile; the old one might be corrupted. If you are using software/hardware for this task, be sure the software is set to build a matrix, not LUT profile, Version 2, not Version 4 profile.

If turning OFF the GPU works, it's a GPU bug, and you need to contact the manufacturer or find out if there's an updated driver for it. This is why disabling GPU is an option as more and more functionality moves to the GPU in newer versions of many Adobe products.

Also see: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html

If the GPU and display profile isn't causing the problem, see:
https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gives-error-preview-cache.html

As for NEFs being converted to DNG, that's solely by your own doing, you must have imported and converted to DNG at the same time (look at the Import dialog and check). 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The NEF conversion isn't a problem I was just mentioning it if ever that had any relation to the coloring issue!

I'm able to compare exported images using the Preview app as well as just the standard file preview (spacebar) of OS X to what is seen in Library and Develop. The exported images match what is seen on Library but not what is seen on Develop even at 100% zoom on both Lightroom and Preview.

Oh there nevermind. Disabling the GPU in the preferences didn't seem to work yesterday but it worked as a fix today. Might have just missed the change and wrote it off as a solution. Thank you.

All colors are matching now with GPU disabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines