• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Library folder sequence changed!

Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been uploading to Lr Classic from my SD Card and each new days files for 2022 added in sequence by date, in a new subfolder in the 2022 folder, up to 22-01-14.

Today, I uploaded from the same SD card from the same camera, and LrC started a new 2022 subfolder ...

See attached.

How do I get it to go back to the original sequence? 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your Destination settings on the Import dialog.  Based on your screenshot, I'm guessing you have LrC set to organize your imports by date, but you probably selected the "2022" folder instead of the folder that is one level above it (not shown in your screenshot).  LrC will build out the date structure under whatever folder you've told it to import into.  Select the folder one level up and you'll be back to what you're used to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  Yes, I import by date.  However, the next folder above it, (just out of the screenshot)   is "2021"

I've never had to select a destination folder, Lr usually organises itself perfectly...until yesterday!

Now, whatever I select, it seems to go into the "subfolder  2022". I haven't found a way to get it to go back to the original sequencing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I've never had to select a destination folder..."

Afraid that's not true.  You always have to select a destination when importing with any mode other than "Add".  LrC remembers previous selections, so you may not have paid attention to it for a long time, but the Destination panel has always been there and what's selected there is starting point for where LrC will place your images during import.

"the next folder above it, (just out of the screenshot) is 2021"

Not the folder above it on the same level.  Select the one that's a level up in the folder hierarchy.  In the screenshot below, it would be "Working" for me.

tmickow_2-1645540341472.png

LrC starts with the folder you select as the top level it's going to import into.  Without any other organization choices, all your images would go into the folder that's selected.

Because you told LrC you want it to organize by date though, it then looks at the date the images were taken and creates subfolders under the folder you selected for each date that it finds.  The format you chose tells LrC you want a folder created for the year ("2022") and a subfolder created for each date it finds (/2022-02-22).

The problem you identified in your screenshot occurs when you don't have the correct top level folder selected to start the import.  You had the 1st "2022" folder selected as the folder to import into, so LrC created the date folders underneath it.  LrC is just doing what you told it to do.  Just select the folder one level up in the heirarchy and you'll be back to what I think you're after.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with @tmickow  - "you probably selected the "2022" folder instead of the folder that is one level above it "

My screen-clip suggests "topmost parent folder'- but the "Level above (Year folders)" might be a better description for the folder to 'select'!

FOLDER PRESETS FOR LR IMPORT.jpg

To "get it to go back.." You can re-organize in the Folder panel. (Do NOT do it in Mac Finder)

This video was created for Lr v4, but still has useful advice.

Organize and Manage Your Photos and Folders (Laura Shoe)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines