Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Library>All Photographs, images not in chronological order

Enthusiast ,
Mar 26, 2023 Mar 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

In my Library>All Photographs, images not in chronological order. How come and how to get them in chronological order. Library Filter says None.

Thank you.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the menu command View > Sort > Capture Time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you John; it already was checked. What now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do View > View Options to ensure capture date/time is shown under thumbnails. Then post a full-resolution screenshot of the entire LR window. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what shows up - let me remind you my LR version is 11.5 Release because my Macbook is too old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

What I meant was to change the view options so that the capture date is displayed above or below each thumbnail, e.g.

johnrellis_0-1679891592072.png

Then post a full-resolution screenshot of the entire window showing thumbnails improperly ordered, e.g.

johnrellis_1-1679891710966.png

That could give important clues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you are: The Flagged images are the recent ones, sandwiched between earlier shots from earlier periods - see screenshots. The Flagged images themselves are in chronological order - as are the earlier images. Go figure.

Thank you John.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if you can see the dates, but you can see Flagged images nested between 2 layers of images from earlier periods, and even years.  The screen shots are of the All Images window.

Screen Shot 2023-03-27 at 10.36.26 AM.jpg

 

Screen Shot 2023-03-27 at 10.35.35 AM.jpg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like they are sorted correctly by Capture Dates shown on the thumbnails.  Maybe I missed some.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Within their own layers they are. But the middle layer (flagged images) ought to be at the tail end because this layer groups the latest images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure that you've posted the correct screenshots? Like @Bob Somrak, I can't see anything out of order in the screenshots you've provided.

Looking at the flagged images, the last unflagged image before the first flagged image is dated 1/14/21, and the first flagged image is dated 1/15/21, i.e. the next day. The last flagged image is dated 2/16/21 and the next unflagged image is dated 3/12/21....nothing wrong there either.

Unless my eyes are playing tricks on me, I'm not seeing a problem in those screenshots. What am I missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aha! The latest 2023 images are labeled 2021! I didn't see that.

I must have set up my new camera improperly. 

Thanks so much guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to change the year dates on all these images at once?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Library use the menu.  Metadata/Edit Capture Time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have said

In Library Grid view select the photos and use menu.   Metadata/Edit Capture Time.  Use the Adjust to a specified date and time and change JUST the year.   It will update all the photos RELATIVE to their capture dates and leave the hour/min alone.  Try a couple before you do them all.   This only changes the date in LrC.  If you want the date changed on the file on disk there are a couple more steps.

First make sure "Write date or time changes..............." is checked in Catalog Settings

Screen Shot 2023-03-27 at 12.12.55 PM.jpg

 

Then after changing the date save the metadata to all the files you changed.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Bob.

What does it mean "save the metadata to all the filesyou changed"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

... and what comes first, and second?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Aha! The latest 2023 images are labeled 2021! I didn't see that."

Glad you got it resolved. With the tiny fonts in LR, it's easy to miss.  Going through the process of showing capture dates under the thumbnails usually uncovers what's going wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Bob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Library do the menu  "View/Sort/Capture Time" or use the Sort on the Toolbar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bob, that was always there. Still ... no chronological sorting happens ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines