Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Library Name Display

Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All.

I've just changed my drives and all seems OK with the catalogue. However, now when I import photographs in Library view it shows the whole path - rather than just the folder name. Previously, I just had the folder name - any ideas what I am doing differently this time?

Many thanks!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Correct, the top level should be included and should fix this. 

Right click on of your folders, and choose "show parent folder."

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Thank you. As posted above, that sorted it. It's been so long since I last set up LR that that part had completely been lost from memory. Thanks also for your other advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show a screen shot of where you are seeing the full path name? You mention importing, is it in the import dialog where you're seeing this? Or in the Folders panel of the Library?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. It is in the Folders panel of the Library - after import, where you navigate to use the folder you want to use. Hope that makes sense!

I know you can extend the width of the panel to show more. It was just that previously I just had the folder name. I'm sure it is just how it is structured - just can't work out what I'm doing differently from before!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To explain more - you see the path which is:

WEDDING  Work/lightroom IMPORTS/  This is followed by the destination folder name, and it is this folder name that appeared only before.

I'm guessing that I need to see WEDDING Work as toe level, then be able to open lightroom IMPORTS to see the individual folders. Just not sure how to do this bit - is this set on import?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*top level

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct, the top level should be included and should fix this. 

Right click on of your folders, and choose "show parent folder."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect. That's it, now I remember, although I would have never found it without your reminder! Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two potential issues here -

1) which folder levels do you want to see, or not see, within LrC's Folders panel (as separate lines).

2) for the top level of the folders that you do see, how would you like LrC to display those. 

1) there is a right-click option to Show the Parent Folder level that sits above a given subfolder giving it context, or else to Hide a given Parent Folder level that is showing. Note, any folder with even one imported image directly within it, must already be showing necessarily and for the same reason, can't be hidden.

2) there are options in the menu and also in the drop-down menu at top of Folders panel, to control whether the Catalog should display just the bare names of the folders at the highest-level within LrC's Folders panel - for a given drive volume; or, prefix these top level names with some folder path information (on the same line).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. As posted above, that sorted it. It's been so long since I last set up LR that that part had completely been lost from memory. Thanks also for your other advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines