• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lighroom Classic 11.3.1 freezing when clicking on import on Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open Lightroom Classic, as soon as I click the import button the application freezes.  If I click on the screen the blue wheel appears, and at some point windows will usually prompt me to choose to close or wait becuase the program is not responding.  If I leave the computer and come back after 30 min or an hour, then it does eventually show the folders to choose from, but if I click on a folder it hangs and will then tell me the program isn't responding. 

This is happening with a new and with an existing catalog.

It seems similar to this problem: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/import-button/m-p/12879554.  The only thing plugged into USB ports is a mouse and a keyboard. I reset the Lightroom preferences.

I have Adobe Lightroom Classic 11.3.1 on Windows 10.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Lightroom Classic while importing images. Are you trying to import the images from an SD card? If yes, do you have the SD card plugged in when you click on Import & Lightroom Classic freezes?

Please try launch Lightroom Classic as administrator by right clicking on the Lightroom Classic icon & selecting the option to Run as Administrator. Also, you can try re-installing the application to check if that makes a difference.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was not trying to import from an SD card, just from my regular hard drive.  I re-installed the application and that seems to have fixed the problem for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines