Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Light room crashing on importing images with Mac big sur 11.4

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI All.

I have a 27 inch iMac running big Sur 11.4. Light room cc 10.3 up-to-date in my Creative Cloud. 

The problem I have is shown in the video below. On importing images the whole of light room freezes. 

I can't even quit out of light room I have to do a force quit. This problem started on Saturday. I'm importing 419 CR3 files which are Canon R5 files, on Friday I imported 500 of these and it wasn't a problem. 

No matter what I do I can't get it to work. I follow some guidelines that I found on the Internet but now those work either

I have a folder on my desktop that I am importing from. These I am adding to my catalogue on import. 

I have optimised my catalogue

Change camera file size 20 gb

Any help would be very wellcome PLEASE !!!!!!!!!1

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

One of the first things to try when LrC suddenly starts acting strange is to reset the preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the first things to try when LrC suddenly starts acting strange is to reset the preferences.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you i will try this and see what happenes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow that worked. thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are their 2 operations in progress?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s normal for there to be 2 operations in progress, usually during a large import. If you click on the progress indicator, when it expands it typically details that one operation is importing files, and the other operation is fetching or building previews (depending on the import preview setting) for the files that are done importing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am  building  Smart previews.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t know the answer, but if I was in that situation these are some things I would try:

If most imports are OK but only this one doesn’t work, I might wonder if there is a corrupted file or directory in the Mac file system.

If it’s caused by corrupted file(s), importing in smaller groups of images (like sets of 20 or 50 for each import) can help narrow down which file(s) it is, by process of elimination. Any corrupted files might need to be re-copied from the camera card.

If it’s a corrupted directory, it might be fixed by opening Apple Disk Utility and running its First Aid on the storage media to try and repair the directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice, that in the background, you appear to have a web browser running. What one? If Safari, no issue, if Google Chrome, hmmm.

And anything else running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why do you say chrome is there and issue with running both,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least in the past Chrome was a resource hog, especially as you opened more tabs. It was inefficient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Joel Dyer  Happy that it worked for you.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines