• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lighting Adjustment When Proofing Images

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issue while proofing images. When they are uploaded to LR, when I go to view the images, LR automatically darkens the images or adds a heavy contrast prior to me making any adjustments. The images change from how they originally look in the camera. Has anyone experiences this before? If so, is it something in the setting to prevent this from happening?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The camera JPEGs (for raw or otherwise) are proprietary and LR has to build its own previews which is why you see this difference. This is based upon the current default rendering settings used for import. So this is to be expected and if this rendering isn't ideal, you need to create a preset you like to use for import. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines