• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightoom stops responding when importing images

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been going on for a couple of days.  Lightroom stops responding when I click "Import"  I don't even get the Import box.  I read a suggestion to optimize my catalog.  I did that and NOW it won't even open the program at all.  Frustrated to say the least.  this is Adobe Lightroom Classic on a Windows 10 machine.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Consider reseting your preference file. This is not the same as reverting prefrence setting to defaults. This is Adobe speak for deleting the preference file. LrC will create a fresh new preference file as a result. The preference file can get corrupted leading to odd behavior. A corrupt preference file will survive updates, upgrades, reinstalls.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Thank you for your answer.  Ok, but I cannot get Lightroom to even open now.  But, do I do this in Windows instead of opening Lightroom?  I guess I can try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I did get my lightroom to open.....it is an older one.  The lightroom classic won't open.  In the one that opened CC2015....under preferences I can't find a reset.  Under "presets" tab I find, "Reset all default develop Settings".....that isn't what you mean is it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry..,..I realized I had not followed your link.....will try that......duh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Link includes direction on manually deleting the preference file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your time.  I have spent the last 2 hours in complete frustration.  Using the Shift and Alt key together produces a box that does not look like the one there and is useless.  To manually do it I follow directions but cannot find this:  C: UsersUser nameAppDataRoamingAdobeLightroomPreferences.  I have been circling and circling doing the same thing over and over with the same results.  I do know the definition of Stupid is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.,  I am ready to throw out Lightroom and find something I can actually use.  However, I pay for my Adobe subscription and I cannot afford to do another subscription  I have to make this work.....maybe in a week or so when I have calmed down....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, a Windows PC?

Using the Wind9ws Windows  file manager, you can select the folder: users?

Then, under that, your user name  (folder)?

Next the folder AppData?

Roaming?

Adobe?

Lightroom?

Preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must be some sort of total idiot.  Yes, a Windows PC.....I have absolutely NO clue what a Wind9ws file manager is.  I have looked and looked and googled it......I am supposing it is where I access folders.  So, I Look on my C drive and see Users.....click that.....there is NO user name, but another "user" so I click that.... Here is what I get:  There is NO AppData folder.  I apologize for being so dense, but I really don't see it:  Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you logon to your computer, what is the user  name?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think what I do is "logging" on.,  I turn on the power.......a screen opens up and I click on "user"  Is that my user name?  "user"  Oh my., 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for that link.  I finally found it (it was ahidden folder....thank you Windows) and I deleted the file the directions told me to.....anyway.  Restarted the computer and it still makes no difference.  However, I am wondering if it is my machine.  It has acted weird the last day or so....not booting up like it should and not shutting off when I aask it to.  I think a trip to my computer guy is in my future.  Thank you for trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines