Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 1:1 render problem

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I noticed something a while ago that is very strange. I render my images, in yesterday's case of a Kindergarden, always in 1:1 preview. These are well and gladly times 4000 images! Now it happens that when I edit the last quarter - maximum one day after rendering - I somehow notice that Lightroom reacts a bit slower. But that is not the main issue. Then when I click on Library, Previews, and 1:1 Render, it calmly renders the folder's images again. Much slower than when importing. After that, LR runs perfectly again. But now I'm wondering, why did it discard the 1:1 previews after such a short time? In the catalog settings I have set that the 1:1 previews should be deleted only after 30 days. Does anyone have any ideas? After all, Lightroom could be telling me that the images have already been rendered in 1:1 previews!

I am working with a new MacBook Pro M1 Max and 64 GB RAM. I would be grateful for help or a tip.

By the way, I had this text translated with DeepL, I probably couldn't have expressed it so perfectly in English. Please don't be surprised if this is not linguistically perfect.

Greetings

Benny

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say you edited the images. Previews need to be rerendered after you've made an edit, so this sounds perfectly normal. It's not because Lightroom discarded the 1:1 previews already, it's because they were no longer up to date.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, that really makes sense. So then it renders the images again, with all the edits I've already made. That would already answer my question, I didn't know that! Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines