• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 10.1.1 has problem to work with old profiles

Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I installed new Win10 PRO on new PC and anotheimage.pngr notebook, actual LR 10.1.1 and PS 22.1.1 from Adobe Cloud. Even, LR can see older LUT (profiles) imported by this procedure (xml files are in Setting directory), but colors are either different as was in old PC, or LUT does not change original picture. Can you, please, help me how to correct this behavior on new PC? Pictures, catalog, LRc settings, presets and LUT are on USB disk, and all is working on another PCs, where I installed LR in the past and upgraded it many times. But under brand new installation, LUT (profiles) works incorrectly. Many thanks.

PS: It seems that procedure for LUT import into LRc by using PS does not work now.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Hello

Problem is solved. After many hours spent with Adobe Customer Care (2 weeks), I identified that my catalog is corrupted somehow. It took long time to explain to Adobe, that problem is related to their product, not like Adobe said:

• Wrong ICC profile. They tried to change many of them, but nothing helped
  • They pushed me to contact Microsoft for display calibration…
  • Later, they deleted every setting of Adobe installed software and presented to me that profiles work, on new catalog.
    • I had to use ne

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an initial troubleshooting step, set Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor to Off. Then update your graphics driver by going directly to the manufacturer's web site:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html#solution-4

If that doesn't help, upload one of your photos and one of the profiles that isn't working to Dropbox or similar and post the sharing link here. We can see if the problem occurs on other LR installations or is specific to yours.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Thank you for answer. I did proposed steps, but problem persists. One important thing is that original profiles coming with LRc installation works correctly (I think).

Here you can find link with files https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1B7bRdvSa8-PttFcWYLl4cQvr_0azqDCP?usp=sharing

Files description:

ATI drivers is screenshot from today driver reinstall. I used preferred setting.

Correct LUT.jpg is expected coloring.

Incorrect lut.jpg is actual coloring, I need to correct this profile and all previously imported.

indianSummStrong.jpg is preview of LUT

lubietova na jesen-001.nef is original RAW files form Nikon Z6

CSF IndianSummer Strong.xmp is LUT imported long time age by using of PS.

Thank you for your support.

Vojtech

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

I imported the .xmp color profile and the .nef, and it appears to be operating correctly on my LR 10.1.1:

Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 11.54.57 AM.png

A couple thoughts:

- Make sure the Amount slider is at 100.

- Do Preferences > Performance > Camera Raw Cache Settings > Purge Cache.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thank you. Yes, this is expected work which I want to have. But here, under brand new windows and brand new LR, all previously used .xmp files don’t work correctly. Even I cannot change Amount slider, LR does not allow me to change amount. Under other PC, where I have long time installed LR and time to time upgraded to new version, all works correctly. I can change amount for profiles installed as defaults with LR and I think they work correctly. I used another notebook where LR was never installed and behavior is the same as on my new PC. I am desperate…

Do you have PC with brand new LR installation or with older one?

Vojtech

image.pngimage.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

One important point: whole catalog, all settings of LR and catalog, pictures and all, is on external M2 disk connected by USB. I use it like this for years to have all with me and be able to work on a few PCs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's very unlikely this is due to using an external disk.

My testing was done with LR 10.1.1 / Mac OS 10.15.7 on a 1-year-old Macbook Pro with a Radeon Pro Vega 20 4 GB graphics chipset, and on a Windows 10 LR 10.1.1 running in a virtual machine (no GPU).

At this point, given your symptoms, I suggest the following steps:

- Do a "clean" uninstall/reinstall of the most recent (non-gaming) ATI driver:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html#solution-4

- Triple-check Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor is set to Off.

- Try resetting LR's preferences: 
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/  

LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior. That article explains how to restore the old preferences if resetting doesn't help. Resetting preferences is less likely to help with these symptoms, I think, but it's quick and worth ruling out.

- Create a test catalog on the local hard drive (not external drive) and import a photo on the local drive (to rule out issues with the external drive).

- Uninstall LR 10.1.1 and then install LR 10.0 (the uninstall is important):

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/roll-back-update-previous-classic/ 

Rolling back to LR 10.0 has helped many users with GPU issues, though I haven't seen any Windows reports about that.

- Uninstall LR 10.0 and install 9.4. (You won't be able to open a LR 10 catalog with 9.4, so create a test catalog.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I really appreciate your support of me. I made all your proposed steps, but problem is still active. Either on version 10.0 or 9.4. I deleted all LR preferences and directory from disk. I created new empty catalog, imported one photo (shared with you), imported .xmp file, and it did not changed colors, final picture was as on previous screenshot. Graphic processor usage did not make changes, I tested auto and off option, no change. During morning, I did a "clean" uninstall/reinstall of the most recent (non-gaming) ATI driver as well.

I will try to install virtual machine tomorrow and test it there.

Vojtech

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you get stuck with no other suggestions to try, you might submit a bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum, where Adobe wants all bug reports and feature suggestions: 
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/send-bug-report-feature-request-adobe/

Be sure to include the output from the menu command Help > System Info.  Provide all the details of what you've tried, rather than linking back to this thread -- experience shows that Adobe developers tend not to follow the links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I booted up HDD from previous working PC and all works without problem. Later, I made copy of system to newly installed M2 (quicker) HDD. If I will have time and enthusiasm 😊, I will try to identify what could be wrong with clean installation on the same HW.

Many thank for your great support, even we did not identify root cause.

Best regards

Vojtech

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you're making some progress on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello

Problem is solved. After many hours spent with Adobe Customer Care (2 weeks), I identified that my catalog is corrupted somehow. It took long time to explain to Adobe, that problem is related to their product, not like Adobe said:

• Wrong ICC profile. They tried to change many of them, but nothing helped
  • They pushed me to contact Microsoft for display calibration…
  • Later, they deleted every setting of Adobe installed software and presented to me that profiles work, on new catalog.
    • I had to use new directory for profiles instead of directory inside of catalog
    • New directory had to be c:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\Settings\
  • Finally, we decided to reinstall PC, install new Windows, new Lightroom and import setting into this directory.
  • Everything worked correctly till I open my real, yearly used, catalog. After this step, all profiled stopped work properly. This was non reversible change. I had to create new user, to create new catalog and finally, and merge this temporary catalog with me real catalog by File>Import from another catalog. This step took 22 hours, LR used only one core of 12 core CPU!
  • I must say that if you will be hard and push Adobe customer care, that are able to work remotely on your PC and they can help you. They did a huge work to solve my problem.

Best regards

Vojto

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines