Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 11.0.1 classic file rename on import creates duplicates and more

Enthusiast ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi-

I've recently had problems with the file rename on import feature in LR 11.0.1 on a macbook pro running Monterey.

When I use on of my custom name imports, I get every file duplicated at least once, sometimes triplicated, with odd numbers ... for instance a file that I want renamed to xp3-0022.raf, I will get that on one file an also at least one more with something like -2-22.raf or 0022-2 which are dupes. 

I've reformatted my memory cards, no love. i've recreated some custom names, no love.

The only workaround I've found that works is to import all the files with no rename and then select them all and use F2 to apply the custom name after import. Since this works fine, I guess i could just get used to that but would rather use the auto rename.

Any thoughts on what I might try next?

thanks

Tom

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post the screenshot of the file rename template in the template editor?
Thanks,
Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sunil-

Many thanks for taking a look at this. Just to be clear: this template did not work when using it to try to complete the name change during import, but if I imported all the files and then used the F2 menu and used the template, it did work fine.

SausalitoDog_0-1638331484585.jpeg

thanks,

tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines