Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 11.2 Release - One folder won't sort

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I'm hoping someone can help me figure this out.  I have a single folder which totally ignores the sort feature.  All other folders work perfectly fine.  I've tried creating a new folder and moving the photos from the non-sorting folder to the new folder, and the problem exists with that folder as well.  I shoot mostly high school sports, and I create a folder upon import which is in date format YYYY-MM-DD.

I did reset all preferences to default, following one suggestion in a similar thred, but all that did was cause me all kinds of grief getting things back the way they were, and had no effect on this folder ignoring the sort feature.

Pretty straight forward.  Been using Lightrrom for ages and can't figure this oddity out.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Is it possible that you stacked the photos, perhaps inadvertently? And so you are looking at an expanded stack? The contents of a stack is not sorted by the sort settings of the folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible that you stacked the photos, perhaps inadvertently? And so you are looking at an expanded stack? The contents of a stack is not sorted by the sort settings of the folder.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

YES!  THANK YOU Johan!  I read your reply while I was out of the house and couldn't wait to get home to check this.  1407 images all stacked!  LOL.  

My only regret was waiting so long to post my problem!

Thank you so much!  I banged my head on this way too long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines