• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 11.5 Edit In extremely slow to open in Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to Lightroom ver 11.5 and Photoshop ver 23.5.  When I select a photo in Lightroom and then select EDIT IN PHOTOSHOP, the image is now taking close to 3 minutes to load in Photoshop.  Previous version, this process was only 3-4 seconds.  What can I do to correct this lag?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Now that I've had more time to experience this bug, I'd like to expand on the issue.
If I boot my Windows 10 computer with a fresh start.  
Launch Lightroom
Select an image, and click on Edit In Photoshop 2022, Photoshop will launch and the image will open in about 3-4 second.  No problem there.

Here's what I've noticed.  If you leave at least one image open in Photoshop, you can go back to Lightroom and select images and open them using the Edit In in Lightroom, and the images open quickly in Photoshop... within 3-4 seconds.  Which is awesome.  If you close all the images in Photoshop but leave Photoshop open, then go back to Lightroom and try and open another image using Edit In Photoshop, that's when the image load can take up to 3 minutes.  
Basically what I've observed is if you always leave an image open in Photoshop, any additional image you open from Lightroom using the Edit In feature will open quickly.  If you close all images in Photoshop then try and open from Lightroom another image using the Edit In feature, you will wait for up to 3 minutes for the image to load.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines