Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 11 crashes my PC

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Just updated to Lightroom 11 and after it loads up the PC crashes. No BSOD just black then it reboots.

Reverted to 10.4 and works fine. Ran memory Diagnostic - No Issues, ran Intel XTU CPU and memory stress test for 15 mins - no issues. All other apps work fine including latest Photoshop. But Lightroom 11 fails every time 10 secs after loading up.

Because I updated to 11 it has updated the catalogue which means that I cannot access the work I have done before the failure.

Running Windows 11 Pro.

Help !!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The symptons would point to a hardware failure or video driver issue.  Have you checked your video card manufacturer's site for their latest version?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try following the exact steps here for doing a clean uninstall and then install of the latest graphics driver:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html#solution-4 

"Because I updated to 11 it has updated the catalogue which means that I cannot access the work I have done before the failure."

Your version 10 catalog should still be present. You can roll back to LR 10.4 if necessary:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/roll-back-update-previous/ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I use Driver Easy to keep my drivers up to date but guess what - it updated to a driver that I cannot even find on Nvidia’s website.

Downloaded the Win 11 driver from Nvidia and all fixed.

I sent a mail to Driver Easy to let them know they have an issue here. I raised a ticket with Adobe and let them know what fixed it.

Thanks for your response

Best regards

Stu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good.  Thanks for the update. That will let others know that this is a good possible solution to try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines