Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Lightroom 12.1 color reading issue

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Anyone experienced this issue?

Upgrading to Ligtroom classic 12.1, RGB color readouts were completly off on masks. Visually you could see the expected changes in contrast, brightness, etc while mouse over readouts showed the same numbers as before. So completly off. Like you could see that black areas were getting toward complete black, but the readout was still at around 14% in all 3 channels.

I downgraded my Lightroom to previous 12.0.1. which works just fine.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020)

3,8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7

40 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB

Osx Big Sur 11.6.4

Boris GG

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot replicate this behavior in Lightroom Classic 12.1  RGB values reported under the Histogram adjust for masking changes.  Perhaps you could give us a step-by-step example?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't replicate on my Mac either. With or without a mask, the RGB values are identical in the same location. After creating a mask, what edits are you applying?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

usually on masks I edit exposure, shadows, highlights. Sometimes whites, blacks.

I have a constant workflow of products, shoot under exact lighting conditions and some colors have to match exactly (+ - 2%).

In 12.0.1 all was working well, in 12.1 not anymore. So I went back to 12.0.1

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My RGB values changed, as expected with masks/exposure.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines