• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 2 upgrade

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I currently have Lightroom Version 2. I would like to upgrade to Lightroom 6 to install a newer  macOS. I talked to customer service for a half hour before finally getting told they couldn't help me. Is there any way I could use my current serial number, or do they have to generate a new one? I am not interested in any sort of Adobe CC or SAAS programs. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no more perpetually licensed (pay once, own forever) versions of Lightroom Classic available any more so there are no upgrade paths available to you. Lightroom 6 stopped being available for sale several years ago.

You'll need to subscribe to a Cloud plan to use a newer version of Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not quite sure how licensing an older version of CC or Lightroom 6 works, the software seems to have full functionality?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps I mis-read your original post. I thought you were looking to buy an upgrade version of Lightroom 6.

Are you saying that you already have a serial number for Lightroom 6 and you're looking to re-download it?

If so, you should be able to download the Lightroom 6 installer from your Adobe account.

Another option is to download the installer from: 

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-lightroom-6-cc-direct-download-links.html

Which operating system are you running? You won't be able to install Lightroom 6 on Catalina, Big Sur or Monterey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running macOS Mojave. I have a Lightroom v2 Serial Number, but when I try to register it to my account it says "invalid". According to Adobe customer service it is not registered to any account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You don't need to install or register Lightroom 2 in order to install the upgrade version of Lightroom 6.

I'm still unclear if you already have an upgrade serial number for Lightroom 6.

If you do, then forget about installing Lightroom 2. Just install Lightroom 6, enter your upgrade serial number for Lightroom 6 then enter your Lightroom 2 serial number when you are prompted for a previous serial number from a qualifying product.

To be clear, you cannot use your Lightroom 2 serial number to license Lightroom 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines