• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 2021 classic crashing at start up using win 10

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have checked all the posts that I understand and googled several possible causes.

I have Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic 2021 - Windows 10

Brand new laptop nothign installed but O365

lightroom worked the first time I installed, opened a photo tried a few edits and then decided I needed to do some tutorials so closed it down. Opened again a few days later but now it crashes as soon as it opens

uninstalled and reinstalled made no difference

I see two screens as follows before it crashes

1st.jpg2nd.jpg

here is the registry enteries

defaultxsai0pchm3vo_1-1629652331634.pngdefaultxsai0pchm3vo_2-1629652381857.png

Not sure why or if there should be 2 entries??

I would show the windows event log files but I dont know what one to pick, sorry

defaultxsai0pchm3vo_3-1629652893692.png

here is the pictures folder the bottom 2 files appear as the lightroom launches then dissapear after it crashes.

lightroom floder.jpg

loosing the will here unless someone can help, thanks everso

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First up, Lock File

• Last screenshot, that lock file, you are deleting it and then attempting to start LrC? Yes/no.

I am fairly sure the answer is Yes, as you have gotten as far as a LrC screen showing that previews are loading.

Second up: Adobe Program, name/version

I have Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic 2021 - Windows 10

• That is a non existing name for LrC (current). What exact Adobe program name and version? Current would be Lightroom Classic v10.4 (notice no blasted CC in the name, no dependency on year in the version)

Third, OS verrsion

• What version/build of Windows 10?

Fourth, GPU

• What is your GPU make/model
  • What is your GPU driver version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sorry not so good at this 😞

First up, Lock File

• Last screenshot, that lock file, you are deleting it and then attempting to start LrC? Yes/no.

No I am screen shotting the 2 screens with my phone, the lock files appear and delete on their own no input fron myself .

2nd : Lightroom version 10.1 no previous installations

3rd: Brand new HP Envy Windows 10 Version 21H1

Here is the only information I could find on my graphics

Yellowelise_0-1629711020186.png

thanks everso

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have checked all the posts that I understand and googled several possible causes.

Ok, but a you have not listed what you attempted, I cannot assume you tried what follows. What follows are two possibilities that a search should have revealed. But...

Number one, Preferences File.

Hav you considered restoring (a.k.a resetting) the preference file? The preference file can get corrupted leading to buggy behavior, Tee blank spots in yhour second screenshot just SCREAMS preference file (that and GPU, see below). The preference file WILL survive updates, upgrades, uninstalls, reinstalls. How to do this is in (ref 1). Note that preferences settings will revert to defaults.

Number Two, selecting Use Graphics Processor in preferences

Not all GPU's are capable of supporting this option, This is due to age of GPU (when was it sold, GPU's have moved on and maybe yours is week), GPU driver installed, VRAM, Issues in your OS. see (ref 2) for manual method to disable.

(ref 1): https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

(ref 2): https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why or if there should be 2 entries??

Three possibilities

• Vey old installation of Lightroom with some trash left behind in the registry
  • Lightroom Desktop, a.k.s Lightroom Couldy
  • Not clean coding by Adobe installs/uninstalls, etc (note, my Windows 10 has that also, plus Lightroom CC

11.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines