• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 3.2 Release Candidate Available on Adobe Labs

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2010 Aug 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This release includes camera support, bug fixes and new features.  Details here:

http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2010/08/lightroom-3-2-and-camera-raw-6-2-available-on-adobe-...

Regards,

Tom Hogarty

Lightroom, Camera Raw and DNG Product Manager

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 200 Replies 200
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2010 Aug 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JimHess-lOKPWR wrote:

dpick2 wrote:

Will this need to be uninstalled, or will LR3 need to be uninstalled when the non-RC version is released?  Does ACR 6.2 work with CS5?

The release notes indicate that the RC will be installed in place of Lightroom 3.0.  The release notes say that if you want to go back to Lightroom 3.0 then you can uninstall the RC and reinstall the original Lightroom 3.0.  Judging from the way the RC installation worked, when the Lightroom 3.2 final release is available it will automatically overwrite the RC.  If that isn't the case then it will be noted otherwise in the release notes.

Lightroom does not use ACR.  But everything in Lightroom will match what ACR 6.2 supports.  The release notes indicate that Lightroom 3.1 was skipped in order to align Lightroom and ACR as far as the version numbers are concerned.

Thanks.  I'm glad you were able to find the release notes because I sure couldn't.  Also, I understand what you saying about ACR/Lightroom.  However, if the RAW engine/ACR/ConverterMagic of Lightroom doesn't match that of CS5, you'll get an error, or query when attempting to open an image from inside Lightroom directly into Photoshop with the "edit in CS#" command. 

Which is exactly what happened when I tried it.  However, luckily, there is a new download for ACR 6.2.

Again, thanks for the help with the notes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dpick2 wrote:

Thanks.  I'm glad you were able to find the release notes because I sure couldn't.  Also, I understand what you saying about ACR/Lightroom.  However, if the RAW engine/ACR/ConverterMagic of Lightroom doesn't match that of CS5, you'll get an error, or query when attempting to open an image from inside Lightroom directly into Photoshop with the "edit in CS#" command. 

Which is exactly what happened when I tried it.  However, luckily, there is a new download for ACR 6.2.

Again, thanks for the help with the notes.

My apologies.  I guess they are not officially called the release notes.  But if you are using the Adobe Lightroom forum, the link at the top of the page to the download will give you most of the information I alluded to.  And when you click on the link on that page for Lightroom 3.2, the rest of the information that I gave you is readily available there if you just take time to read it.

I'm using Lightroom 3.2 with Photoshop CS3.  I'm not getting the errors that you mentioned.  Of course I choose to allow Lightroom to render a copy and send that to Photoshop.  But there are no errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 10, 2010 Aug 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This release includes camera support, bug fixes and new features.  Details here:

http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2010/08/lightroom-3-2-and-came ra-raw-6-2-available-on-adobe...

The linked page identifies only one new feature.  Are there others?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 11, 2010 Aug 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

W.W. Webster wrote:

http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2010/08/lightroom-3-2-and-came ra-raw-6-2-available-on-adobe...

The linked page identifies only one new feature.  Are there others?

The biggest one appears to have slipped under the radar.... sticky filters are back!  If you aren't familiar with them I've written a blog post about them and how to enable them in LR3.2RC:

http://bit.ly/azjaLa

Ian.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed this on Windows XP 32bit and I still have the issue where, sometimes, when zooming in to 100% the picture remains blocky.

It happens in both the develop and loupe view which I don;t understand because I thought they used different rendering engines. Or is it just the grid view that uses ACR instead of lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arrrghghhh!!!!

And it sometime crashes completely when using the clone tool.

*sigh*

I thought that behaviour was a thing of the 2.x past.

I then have to restart and the folder I was in, panel states etc. are all forgotten. Can't that info be stored on disk so that when it crashes (and it will) they can be restored? Even microsoft word does that sort of thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to publish pictures to hdd with watermark. Pictures will be published, but without watermark. Could anyone confirm this behaviour?

I'm using LR 3.2 RC (x64). In all other cases watermarkung is working fine.

KR Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that the display size issue is still a problem in LR3.2 RC.

I have an image with a number of tweaks and when I apply an adjustment brush stroke to it, depending on the display size the stroke will be very delayed and slow, or relatively fluid. Bringing in the bottom panel (F6) makes all the difference. This is on a 1440x900 screen and using an image in portrait orientation.

LR3.2RC now can show a considerable lag between pressing "K" and the adjustment brush being ready to appear. Is that a trade-off that has been made to make the subsequent brushing quicker or avoid the impression that the brush is ready (cursor showing) but wasn't quite?

BTW, only played perhaps a total of 15min with LR3.2 RC and have a nice message overlayed on the top of my image "An unknown error occurred"... Only went back and forth between images and made test applications with the adjustment brush.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TK2142 wrote:

LR3.2RC now can show a considerable lag between pressing "K" and the adjustment brush being ready to appear. Is that a trade-off that has been made to make the subsequent brushing quicker or avoid the impression that the brush is ready (cursor showing) but wasn't quite?

My experience is that the brush will not appear until develop rendering / loading is complete, after which it is immediate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

areohbee wrote:

My experience is that the brush will not appear until develop rendering / loading is complete, after which it is immediate.

Yes, I thought the same. I just don't remember such long lags from 3.0.

I'll reserve further judgement until I have used 3.2RC a bit more. Maybe caches have to refill, etc. It might be that after a little usage things will be back to normal.

The same goes for the jerky scrolling of the grid in the library if you move it with the scrollbar. When I just expected that behaviour again, it wasn't as bad anymore.

Does anyone else wish the scrolling would allow better visual tracking or is it just my machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scrollbar scrolling of grid has always been "jerky" I think - Still jerky... - I too would prefer smoother scrolling, instead of "a chunk at a time". One thing I've noticed: scrolling "by chunks" is more palatable with smaller thumbnail sizes.

R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TK2142 wrote:

I can confirm that the display size issue is still a problem in LR3.2 RC.

I have an image with a number of tweaks and when I apply an adjustment brush stroke to it, depending on the display size the stroke will be very delayed and slow, or relatively fluid. Bringing in the bottom panel (F6) makes all the difference. This is on a 1440x900 screen and using an image in portrait orientation.

BTW, only played perhaps a total of 15min with LR3.2 RC and have a nice message overlayed on the top of my image "An unknown error occurred"... Only went back and forth between images and made test applications with the adjustment brush.

The display size issue had been confirmed on both Windows and Macs (See the "LR3 Slow Rendering" thread), and I opened another bug report on it yesterday.  You may want to add your voice so it gets corrected (perhaps before 3.2 official release) in an update.

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

While you're there, you could use the same form for the other issues. 

The link was down near the bottom of the official notification of the 3.2 RC.

Jay S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JayS In CT wrote:

You may want to add your voice so it gets corrected (perhaps before 3.2 official release) in an update.

Thanks, Jay, I appreciate your initiative.

I've got that URL bookmarked. I used it frequently in the past.

I currently have no intentions to resubmit all the bugs I found in LR3.0 that are still in LR3.2RC.

If the LR team had a public bug database I'd be happy to click a "I'm seeing this bug too" button or help provide info in a response to a "We need more input for this one" request. But I won't be shooting bug reports for known bugs into the dark not knowing whether it is worth my time or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you submitted it once for a major version to that form, that should be sufficient.  Those bug reports go directly to the team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lee Jay wrote:

If you submitted it once for a major version to that form, that should be sufficient.  Those bug reports go directly to the team.

Thanks for the info.

We don't know whether they think they've provided a fix, though. Hence, ideally users should let the team know what still doesn't work for them. Hope someone from the team follows this thread. It's not that high-traffic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TK2142 wrote:

Lee Jay wrote:

Thanks for the info.

We don't know whether they think they've provided a fix, though.

Tom's blog has the fixed bug list, as does the lab site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lee Jay wrote:

Tom's blog has the fixed bug list, as does the lab site.

I know, thanks.

However, I think we all know that more was fixed than has been documented.

The (partial) performance improvements I'm experiencing are not the result of the published fixes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been running the 3.2 RC for a couple of evenings now. On my Win 7 64-bit PC it seems to be stable and with no obvious bugs. In particular, using the before/after view is faster than before. However, with the same files and on the same PC it is still noticeably a bit slower than LR 2.7 on a lot of operations, such as simply switching between modules. There is often a little gulp while the application seems to think about what to do next. Where I am still experiencing real problems is with the Perspective Control. Actually applying the PC is fine, and totally interactive, but once I have used it on an image any further editing with the adjustment brush or spot removal is virtually impossible, as the change in the image lags many seconds behind the brush all the time. Gradient fill is also slow to respond, but usable.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John_R_Smith wrote:

I have been running the 3.2 RC for a couple of evenings now. On my Win 7 64-bit PC it seems to be stable and with no obvious bugs. In particular, using the before/after view is faster than before. However, with the same files and on the same PC it is still noticeably a bit slower than LR 2.7 on a lot of operations, such as simply switching between modules. There is often a little gulp while the application seems to think about what to do next. Where I am still experiencing real problems is with the Perspective Control. Actually applying the PC is fine, and totally interactive, but once I have used it on an image any further editing with the adjustment brush or spot removal is virtually impossible, as the change in the image lags many seconds behind the brush all the time. Gradient fill is also slow to respond, but usable.

John

Hello John,

Looks like you're new to the forum, so welcome..  Good first post.  Here's the link for bug reporting.  It's the most direct line we have to letting the Adobe team know what's going on.

Again, welcome to the group.

Jay S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John_R_Smith wrote:

John

I just wanted to chime in and say that this is the same problem I am having.  I have traced all of my Develop mode issues to the use of manual Lens Corrections (horizontal, vertical, and rotate).  Editing an image after Lens Corrections have been applied is near impossible (tools take 10-20 seconds to respond).  If I turn lens corrections off, editing becomes quick again.  So for now, my workaround is to turn off lens corrections until I am ready to export.  Hopefully this is something that can be resolved in a later release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tested brushing and spot removal after perspective corrections - no additional delay noticed.

Must be an installation specific thing...

My specs:

Lightroom version: 3.2 RC [689365]
Operating system: Windows 7 Ultimate Edition
Version: 6.1 [7600]
Application architecture: x64
System architecture: x64
Physical processor count: 2
Processor speed: 2.2 GHz
Built-in memory: 4095.5 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 4095.5 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 687.6 MB (16.7%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 741.6 MB
Memory cache size: 167.4 MB
System DPI setting: 96 DPI
Desktop composition enabled: Yes
Displays: 1) 1920x1200, 2) 1920x1200

_R_

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TK2142 wrote:

JayS In CT wrote:

You may want to add your voice so it gets corrected (perhaps before 3.2 official release) in an update.

Thanks, Jay, I appreciate your initiative.

I've got that URL bookmarked. I used it frequently in the past.

I currently have no intentions to resubmit all the bugs I found in LR3.0 that are still in LR3.2RC.

If the LR team had a public bug database I'd be happy to click a "I'm seeing this bug too" button or help provide info in a response to a "We need more input for this one" request. But I won't be shooting bug reports for known bugs into the dark not knowing whether it is worth my time or not.

TK / Lee Jay,

Thanks back... appreciate that comment TK.

I'm not looking to raise that discussion up (bug database).  As you point out, there is a thread on it.  Lacking any other mechanism, I still felt it important for the Adobe team to know that the 3.2 RC has that particular bug.  We all have different systems and OSs, as well as Graphics Adapters, Monitors, Resolutions, etc.  Putting in a report does a couple of things.  Not only identify how wide spread a bug may or may not be, and provide the team with system info.  I'm more in the mode of trying to get the bugs in via the method that's there, and then fight the other battle later.

Jay S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the post I'm replying to (http://forums.adobe.com/message/3043466#3043466) I mentioned a new lag between activation of the adjustment brush (K) and it being available.

Turns out that the lag is exactly the time for the "Loading..." message to disappear. I had switched off the display of the "Loading..." message so I didn't see the connection first.

I'm quite sure it didn't take LR3.0 as long as LR3.2RC to "load an image". Am I wrong?

I see that files are created in the ACR cache but still every navigation to a new image in the Develop module incurs some delay, even when *no* edits have been done to the images yet.

The "fuzzy image" bug is still there. The first rendering will look OK-ish but only after zooming in once to 100% and zooming out again, the image will be rendered in full detail.

Are there activities to address these issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TK,

When I first tried 3.2RC, develop view was re-rendering already cached images every time (and adding more and more entries to the cache that shouldn't have needed to be added since they were already there). I moved the ACR cache to the root of my system drive and named it ACRCache and it solved the problem, or at least the problem stopped happening after I did it.

Previously the cache was nested deep in a folder on the drive where my catalog and photos were.

PS - I filed an official bug report.

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

areohbee wrote:

I moved the ACR cache to the root of my system drive and named it ACRCache and it solved the problem, or at least the problem stopped happening after I did it.

Thanks, but this didn't help in my case.

To clarfiy: Do you not see a "Loading..." message at all when switching between images in the Develop module? Make sure you've go the message display turned on (Ctrl-J to invoke the settings dialogue).

I see cache files being created at the location I specify (I tried yours as well), but wonder if they are used at all. Display time doesn't seem to reduce. Perhaps the cache just contains the demosaiced data and any processing is still performed "just in time"?

I thought maybe the file type matters (I observed this with DNGs (converted from .PEF files) but it also occurs with .PEF files. BTW, JPGs aren't cached at all.

It seems to me that there should at least be an option to cache 1:1 renderings of images recently developed (JPGs included) so that any "Loading..." delay can be avoided for the number of images that fit into the cache.

To some extent (depending on the ACR cache size) this would also help with your "export speed" issue. Frankly, I don't think that "locking" images as "done" is a good idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines