• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 4.1. 1. Dragging files to Import & Reinstalling issue.

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. When I drag a file (and files) to work with the the whole file moves from my folder and cannot be returned.

2. In an effort to solve this problem I have tried many reinstalls but always the setting returns to the earlier installation.   Even when installing the serial number details are not requested.

Using a PC with Windows 10. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is the new Lightroom (cloud-centric) 4.1.1 then you are in the wrong forum. 

If this is the old (probably 10 years old now) Lightroom 4.1.1, please explain how your questions relate to Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is the old version 4.1 installed by disc.

1.  I have solved this one - I'm really stupid!!

2. This is still unresolved.  I had a particular issue and I thought I would uninstall and start again.  I went through the installasion process but I did not have to put in the serial number as is usually requested.  When I opened LR again it was still retaining earlier information, metadata, files, etc.

DESG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been a long time since I used Lightroom 4, but I believe that when you uninstall and then re-install on the same computer, the serial number file has not been deleted, and so the re-installation does not require a serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response.    I take then that there is no way of doing a reinstallation unless it is on a different computer as you suggest.  

DesE 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response.    I take then that there is no way of doing a reinstallation unless it is on a different computer as you suggest.  

DesE 

By @deseg23623292

I'm pretty sure I did not say that, and it is false.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if I misunderstood you.  I meant that if one does a reinstallation on the same computer then all information that was there before the uninstall remains and therefore if one installs on a different computer then it will be as if it is a new completely new installation - ?

DEG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant that if one does a reinstallation on the same computer then all information that was there before the uninstall remains

That is the default operation when you re-install on the same computer. You can delete all previous information if you really want. If that's what you really want, re-installation is not needed, just start a new catalog.

therefore if one installs on a different computer then it will be as if it is a new completely new installation

This is true, if that's what you want. You can also install on a different computer after transferring the data from the other computer, so all information from the old computer is now available on the new computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.   I needed a fresh installation as I have an issue when files that I Export that I have worked on earlier kept adding a suffix number - (2)  (3)  (4)  etc.  No matter what variations I try it still keeps happening and I thought a reinstallation would get rid of this problem - but it hasnt.   Many thanks again for your time. 

DEG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines