Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Lightroom 5.7 Erasing Edits randomly and then lost all my presets as well

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 5.71

Safari 13.1.2

Hello, my 1st post 🙂

I am unsure how to recreate what is happening and really hope it doesn't continue, so my main version is screenshot able.  Over the last couple of weeks, my LR version is being quirky. Taking longer to load spinning and such. Then it started randomly deleting previously edited images! So they look edited but as soon as you click on them it's like the entire thing gets reset back to the original file. Then today all of my presets are just gone off the menu! 

I had seen a similar discussion on google with never versions of LR but never a fix.

Does anyone have a clue what might be happening and how to get it fixed or recover my lost items?

My art is basically damaged when all the edits are lost this make item already for sale pretty impossible to duplicate.

The truth is I need to get switched over to a new version of Lightroom and have been so uneasy to go so as I sell art and am worried all the conversions will not come over we are talking 500 thousand art images so clearly I can't pay for 13T of cloud. Anyone else been through something like this when trying to move years of work and catalogs?

Thank you in advance for any help

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your presets panel is simply collapsed. Click on the small triangle in front of the name. It should point downwards to show what's inside that group.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The truth is I need to get switched over to a new version of Lightroom and have been so uneasy to go so as I sell art and am worried all the conversions will not come over we are talking 500 thousand art images so clearly I can't pay for 13T of cloud. Anyone else been through something like this when trying to move years of work and catalogs?

There are two different versions of "Lightroom" which are available to purchase via subscription. One of them is now called Lightroom Classic, which is the preset-day descendant of the Lightroom 5 that you are currently using (Classic is currently at version 10.4, so has had a lot of updates since LR5 was made obsolete in 2015). But it uses the same basic system as LR5, i.e. a local catalog database of locally-stored images, so upgrading your existing catalog to the latest version of Classic will allow you to maintain your current images and their edits, and with no requirement to store images in the cloud.

The other version of "Lightroom" is simply called "Lightroom", and is the version which stores all managed images in the cloud.....so with 13TB of images, this is clearly not the version that you should be using.

Classic is available with the Photography Plan, which also includes Photoshop as well as the Lightroom ecosystem apps, but only 20GB of cloud storage. Whilst Classic can sysnc with the cloud, there is no requirement to do so for you to do so.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2021 Sep 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JohanElzenga Sadly I wish that was the case but if they are simply just gone! Do you have any thoughts on recovering them? Thanks for chiming in!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jim Wilde Thank you for your input on what I should do here any thoughts on locating lost items like my presets and now noticing my logos watermarks are all gone as well? I am wondering to go about the Mac operating system upgrade from Safari to what's the latest and then how to transfer to the new setup? 

I really appreciate you taking the time to talk to me

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Safari is the Mac web browser that comes with your operating system. It is not the operating system itself. MacOS is that operating system. You are using a very old version of Lightroom, but it should still run on MacOS 13.1.2, so that should not be the problem. I can only advise things I see in screenshots. Your screenshot clearly shows collapsed preset groups, suggesting that simply expanding those groups is the first thing you must do to see if your presets are really missing, or just hidden.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines