• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5 - Can't import, have to force quit to exit

Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Lightroom 5 for years on my PC and now on my Macbook Pro. I've had it on my mackbook for a couple months now with no issue. Today while importing photos as usual, it just froze and no more photos were uploaded. The progress bar looked like it might upload but it stopped. I tried canceling the import, exiting lightroom and had to force quit because it wouldn't actually shut down. I tried restarting. I tried making sure the drive was fine - it was. I tried dragging and dropping to import. I tried uninstalling the only other application I've added to my computer since the last import I did about a week ago. I found 2 other people only who had the same problem as me and tried their fixes (had to do with read+write only access and deleting a .lock file) and that didn't work. I'm beyond myself and need to get this working as I'm international at the moment and my serial number to reinstall is back at home. All the photos lack thumbnails when I tried to import. The files are on my computer in the folder working just fine, but I merely need them to import. When I use lightroom as normal it's fine, but when I try to import, even though it never makes any progress, I have to force quit the application. I don't know what changed and why this happened just today while importing. So many of the photos imported successfully. I also installed all the new updates for my MacBook today just to make sure.

Help????

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your current MACOS?

Does Lr v5 start and open, or does it try to start, then closes at this point?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GoldingD - thanks for your help. Lr v5 opens and works. It never shuts down. It just stops uploading midway through that one import and now when I try to import anything else, it just stays importing, never doing anything. Then, when I exit after canceling the import, it never actually closes and I have to force quit.

Thoughts??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My MacOS is version Big Sur 11.6.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you importing from? An SD card, a hard drive, the cloud?

If from an SD card, try copying the photos to your hard drive, outside of Lightroom,, using Finder, then in Lightroom, import using the ADD method. Any difference?

If from a hard drive, is this a Copy, Copy as DNG, Add, or Move (do not do move)

Oh, and do you have an Android device, like a smartphone attached, an odd bug going way back, never ever fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was importing from a CF card.

I was successful in copying the files to my computer hard drive and able to open and access as normal. I couldn't import however to lightroom with that method. No difference.

This is ADD from hard drive.

I do not have an android attached (don't own one), no other drives attached. No bugs. I just got this MacBook a couple months ago no issues. It was wiped clean and has been working great.

Thank so much for your help. I don't know what to do!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Contact Adobe in the morning

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines