Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Lightroom 5 - cannot migrate to new Lightroom

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom 5 lisence but ny copy of the program installation for installation on my new MB. Unfortunatly I have only backup of my Lihgtroom Catalogue bun not the application. Lightroom cannot migrate the Catalogue with all metadata from ver 5.

What to do ?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your new MACBook will have a new MACOS, and starting a few versions back, at Catalina, the MACOS will not run 32 bit apps. The installer for Lr v5 is 32 bit. So you cannot install Lr v5 (or v6)

A workaround exists to install the old 32 bit apps, that involved an alternate or virtual OS, but if your new MACBook has the M1 chip. That workaround is not possible.

So, time to go subscription, or move off of Adobe.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can certainly transfer the catalog file to the MB. But you can't install LR 5 on a new MB ... so ... what to do? You can subscribe to Adobe's Photography Plan (not the confusingly named Lightroom Plan) and then continue using your catalog in the new Lightroom Classic (which as of today is version 10.4).

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines