• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5 HELP

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Lightroom 5 no problems since 2014 and just uploaded my latest series of images and hit DEVELOP to go edit them, and it is now saying develop is disabled and i need to update my membership......i went to the LR5 logo top left of screen and saw i was not signed in, went to hit sign in and it came up that i was not connected to the internet and would not let me sign in further - Does anyone have any advice on how to fix this and get back my editing ability, i can still import and export but cannot edit?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you install it on a new computer?

Are you connected to the internet?

You do have a limited credit of activations only. To activate, you need the code you got once you bought LR5 and need an internet connection during that process. If it was an upgrade to an earlier version, you'll also need this code to authorize the upgrade.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible that my memory fails me, but I don't think Lightroom 5 used activation, and there should be no option to sign in.

As far as I remember, all that was needed was a valid serial number.

@reidwaugh

Please go to Help > About Lightroom, and tell us the exact version number you have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, @Per Berntsen , your memory is correct, there was no license activation (requiring internet) used in Lr 5, you just typed in your serial number and the software determined if it was valid, and from then on you should be good. No further activation would be needed. So the fact that some sort of license activiation is now apparently causing problems, I feel that the problem is the Creative Cloud application, as I explained elsewhere in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Develop disabled usually happens when you install the Adobe Creative Cloud application on your computer (perhaps because you use other Adobe software that is newer and part of the Creative Cloud, or you installed a trial version of Creative Cloud software and then deleted the software but not the Creative Cloud application).

You need to un-install the Creative Cloud application, then run the Creative Cloud cleaner tool, and then try LR5 (you may need to re-install LR5, I don't know).

Another thought along those lines is that you downloaded a newer version of Lightroom Classic as a trial, and that is what you are trying to open now (not Lr 5) after the trial has expired.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines